The Christmas keeps without any doubt unique, incredible and wonderful moments, we live in the company of the people we love most (our children, fathers and mothers, brothers, cousins, friends ...). And it's not just about Christmas that is made. Also of small sweets that when we bite them or simply smell them transport us to instants of nostalgia and magic.
A good example could be found in the Wine roscos , typically Christmas sweets that obviously could not miss in these popular parties. We could define them as donut-shaped cookies of texture, flavor and aroma characteristic, since to the being elaborated with sweet wine and dry fruits, they become an authentic delight for the palate.
The truth is that these wonderful roscos can be eaten at any time of the day, although the ideal is to serve them at the table after a Christmas lunch or dinner, accompanied by a glass of wine or a liquor.
Recipe of wine rolls
- 150 gr of strength flour
- 150 gr of wheat flour
- 130 gr of lard
- 125 gr of sweet wine (muscatel type)
- 120 gr of icing sugar
- 50 gr of roasted sesame
- 1 teaspoon aniseed beans
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
How to make the wine roscos:
- First of all we will start by preparing the recipe preheating the oven to 160ºC.
- In a large bowl mix the strength flour together with the wheat flour. Add the roasted sesame and mix again. Now put these ingredients on a baking sheet and tumble it for 30 minutes.
- After this time, or when the mixture of flour and sesame are roasted, add cinnamon and 60 grams of icing sugar. Mix it well.
- Add the lard, mix and integrate everything well.
- Now is the time to add sweet wine and anise. Knead with your hands until you get a paste that is as homogeneous as possible.
- Spread some baking paper on the worktop, put the dough and spread it with the help of a roller, leaving one centimeter thick.
- Now is the time to get the roscos in their proper form. To do this, get a large cutter and a smaller one, and place them one by one on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you want you can use a round cutter and a disheartening apple to get the center.
- Bake the rolls for 20 minutes, or until you notice that they have browned slightly.
- Then remove them from the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- To finish, coat each of the wine rolls with the icing sugar.