Start the day with a energy breakfast , based on hundred percent natural foods is the best option to start the morning off right, given that it gives us the energy that our body needs to get down to work. In this sense, already on a previous occasion we have talked to you about the 5 best foods for breakfast . Particularly noteworthy are the dairy products (such as a portion of cheese or a natural or skimmed yoghurt), beverages of vegetable origin, fruit, whole grains, nuts and olive oil.
And if we talk about precisely a nutritious breakfast and very rich in energy There is no doubt that the oats can not miss, as it is a delicious and wonderful cereal that stands out for its high content of complex carbohydrates, proteins, soluble fiber, omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins (among which we can mention group B and E) , and minerals (such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium and iron), amino acids and enzymes that make it a very digestive food.
When it comes to enjoying the different nutritional qualities of oats, it is possible to do it in very different ways, but two of them stand out: in the form of porridge or in the form of muesli . Considered one of the most complete foods that exist , as you surely know, The muesli consists of a mixture of oats and rye, fruits, wheat germ and nuts . Among the fruits most commonly used in its development we can mention the apple and grape, while nuts include hazelnuts, walnuts and raisins.
If you are passionate about muesli, tend to consume it habitually or have thought about starting it, we will tell you why it becomes one of the ideal foods for your daily breakfast.
The incredible benefits of muesli
1. The nutritional qualities of muesli
Muesli is a healthy food extremely rich in essential nutrients . It contributes above all:
- Complex carbohydrates : it is a food that provides satiety, so its consumption provides a longer satiating effect, ideal to give our body the energy we need throughout the morning (if we consume it at breakfast).
- Very rich in vitamins : muesli is a food extremely rich in vitamins. Especially noteworthy are the B vitamins (especially B1, B2, B3, B5 and B9, as well as vitamin E, C and K).
- High mineral content : it is also a very rich mineral food, among which we must mention phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, potassium, iodine and sodium.
- Rich in fiber : 100 grams of muesli provide 8 grams of fiber. As you surely know, fiber is essential to maintain proper intestinal transit, as well as to prevent constipation.
2. Excellent against constipation and for its prevention
Since muesli is a very rich fiber food, it becomes an ideal natural option in case of constipation , a very common disorder that affects millions of people around the world every day.
The regular consumption of muesli helps both in its treatment and its prevention , since being rich in fiber facilitates and regulates intestinal transit , so that it improves naturally.
3. Help reduce cholesterol
Muesli is a healthy food that does not contain cholesterol . Moreover, not only does it not contain it but It also helps to reduce it completely naturally , thanks to its content in essential fatty acids, especially fatty acids omega-6 .
Further, It is useful to reduce high levels of LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol (also considered good).
4. Very complete, ideal for pregnancy
Because of its richness in vitamin B9 (folic acid), muesli is ideal for pregnant women's breakfast . It is a fundamental vitamin during pregnancy, which helps prevent deformations in the placenta or disorders in the development of the fetus, such as birth defects in the brain or spine, preventing cleft lip, cleft palate or childhood leukemia.
5. Great energy contribution
The muesli is an ideal recipe for breakfast for its great energy contribution , since it is very rich in complex carbohydrates, which means that it is a food that provides energy slowly throughout the morning. Therefore, it is also an interesting food for people with diabetes.
In fact, 1 cup of muesli provide 177.75 kcal ., being extremely rich in healthy fatty acids.
How to make muesli at home?
Some time ago, in a previous note, we explained to you how to make muesli easily at home. On this occasion we want to recover that recipe so you can discover how to prepare it so that you can enjoy it at breakfast.
- What do you need? : 1 tablespoon of oatmeal flakes, 1 handful of nuts, half an apple, 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt (can also be milk or vegetable drink), 3 tablespoons of water, half apple and honey or whole cane sugar (to sweeten) .
- Steps to elaborate it : the night before leave in a bowl or bowl soaking the oatmeal together with the water. The next day, when you go to eat it, drain the oatmeal flakes. Wash the apple well, peel it and cut it in half. Put the oat flakes in a cup, grate the apple and add the yogurt. Add the nuts and sweeten with honey or sugar.
As you can see, the elaboration of muesli is so simple that there is no doubt that it is best to always try to do it ourselves at home, since we will enjoy a nutritious and extremely healthy breakfast or snack, without added sugars or unhealthy fats.