Although its chemical name is hydrogen peroxide , it is quite likely that you know him with the name of peroxide . Since always it has become, almost without any doubt, a medicinal product that can not be missing in the medicine cabinet of many houses, in the same way that we can also find alcohol, iodine (popularly known as Betadine) or plasters with which to protect small wounds.
Basically oxygenated water consists of a chemical compound that from a medicinal point of view It is useful when cleaning wounds and disinfecting them , since it acts as an antibacterial, antimicrobial agent and as a natural antiseptic. In fact, its application is very simple, since it is enough to soak a piece of cotton or gauze with hydrogen peroxide and apply it gently on the area that we wish to disinfect or clean.
But did you know that it can also be used for cleaning the home ?. The use of oxygenated water can be so broad that ultimately it is best to try to inquire about its qualities, and when it would be appropriate or not.
Uses of hydrogen peroxide
Utilities of hydrogen peroxide from a medicinal point of view
- Facilitates healing : applied two to three times a day on wounds, especially on wounds of small size and never serious wounds, can be very useful to improve and facilitate healing.
- Avoid infections : when applied regularly on wounds, for example two to three times a day, it is useful to avoid infections that may arise during the healing process, especially if the wound has not been washed well from the beginning.
- Prevention of fungi : when acting as an antifungal it becomes an interesting traditional remedy when it comes to preventing the appearance of fungus on the toenails. To do this, it is enough to introduce the feet in a bowl or basin with warm water and 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes.
- To clean the wax of the ears : in case of excess wax or cerumen apply a little oxygenated water in the ears with the help of a syringe helps to remove the plugs. To do this, it is enough to listen as if the oxygenated water foamed, and then turn the head to the other side to help the wax residue end up coming out.
Utilities of hydrogen peroxide for cleaning the house
- To clean fruits and vegetables : it becomes a good non-toxic disinfectant, ideal for disinfecting fruits, vegetables and vegetables easily.
- To clean very dirty objects : in case you have very dirty objects at home, such as the telephone (which accumulates so many bacteria), just soak a little cloth and clean it carefully.
- To clean blood stains : in case your clothes have been stained with droplets of blood, hydrogen peroxide becomes a very interesting remedy when it comes to eliminating them easily. Simply apply a trickle on the stain and wait for the oxygenated water to foam. Then you have to rub it well with a clean cotton cloth.
- Alternative to bleach : for washes with white clothes the oxygenated water can be used as a bleach. For example, it is useful to add it directly on the stains of the clothes, leaving it to act and rest for 10 minutes. To finish, you should rinse as usual.
- Dishwasher disinfectant : oxygenated water can act as a good dishwasher disinfectant. To achieve this you only need to add 2 or 3 tablespoons in the load of the detergent or soap during the normal washing of the dishes.
As we see, there are many uses in which oxygenated water can be the main protagonist. Did you know that it can also be used to clean some parts of the house?