, which tends to affect hundreds of thousands of people each year in most of the countries considered as 'industrialized'.
For an alarming figure, those offered by the World Health Organization: in 2008 1,500 million adults over 20 years were overweight, while in 2010 about 43 million children under the age of five had overweight.
As we can see, the figures are more than worrisome. Even more so when we know that few people, unfortunately, follow a healthy lifestyle.
It is enough to practice physical exercise every day and follow a healthy and healthy diet. But the truth is that sedentary lifestyle is increasing, while more and more people who follow a diet little or nothing balanced, maintain a diet rich in fried and / or precooked foods, pastries and sweets ...
Thus, When a person decides to lose weight and follow a diet of weight loss, a question arises: what to eat when we are on a diet? .
The question, of course, must be answered by the dietitian who has prepared the diet, and praised by our nutritionist. But on many occasions, especially when the person decides to lose weight following a healthy diet and practicing exercise on their own, they usually face this question assiduously.
What to eat when we are on a diet?
There is no doubt that the fundamental thing is follow a healthy and balanced diet , based mainly on what we could understand as balance diet .
But it is not enough to follow this diet only until we lose weight, since if we then eliminate it and return to the same unhealthy habits that led us to that excess weight, it is likely that the so-called rebound effect .
Be that as it may, before talking about the rebound effect it is essential to keep in mind what can we eat when we find ourselves following a diet of weight loss :
- Fruits and vegetables : are two groups of essential foods in any diet, whether or not weight loss. They stand out for being foods rich in fiber , vitamins, minerals and water, all essential nutrients for the proper functioning of our body. In addition, some of them act as authentic fat burners, such as pineapple or artichoke.
- Vegetables : They provide fiber and are especially rich in proteins. Of course, we must take into account its content in carbohydrates, so that lentils or peas could become good options.
- Fish : Like fruits and vegetables, it is advisable to eat fish at least twice a week. Blue fish stands out for its high content of healthy fats, which also help to raise the HDL cholesterol .
- White meats : they tend to be less caloric than red meats. Meats like chicken or rabbit are suitable.
What foods can I eat when I follow a moderate diet?
There are also other foods that, although more moderately, you can also consume them for their very important nutritional benefits. They are the following:
- Skimmed dairy : they are extremely rich in calcium , and they also contribute vitamin D . Of course, always choose them in their skimmed version, since they will barely contribute fat and calories to your diet.
- Nuts : a handful of nuts every day (that is, around 25 grams) are ideal for our cardiovascular health, thanks to the fact that they have a heart-healthy effect. You can not miss the almonds, walnuts or pistachios.
Image | Martin Cathrae