Before asking what feng shui is for, we must ask ourselves what is the meaning and the origin of this true oriental philosophy. Feng shui is an ancient Chinese philosophical system based on the conscious and harmonious occupation of space in order to achieve a positive influence on the people who occupy them.
Originally it was a form of knowledge that studied the changes of nature, climate and the stars. Feng shui is based on the existence of a vital breath chi, whose flow is modified by the arrangement and forms of space, the orientations (cardinal points) and temporal changes.
Some feng shui schools place major emphasis on the study of the shapes of mountains, rivers, the structure of the house, the workplace, the location of the bathroom, kitchen, room and the rest of the spaces of the house.
According to this philosophy, space is divided into eight sectors or baguas that represent different aspects such as: work, useful people, marriage or love, fame, health, family, money, children and profession or knowledge
Feng Shui is an oriental school that reveals techniques to balance the surrounding energies which offers us simple methods to expand the energy possibilities.
Benefits of Fengh Sui on a day-to-day basis
Below we will give you some simple tips to improve the energy you use in your daily life.
We will start with the home . To improve the energy in the family bed, the harmonizers of winds at the entrance door are good collaborators because they attract opportunities and activate energy.
With respect to the workplace , the bamboo canes, the natural plants and also the wind mobiles are good for promoting the energy of the company. The chair where you work is also important: it should be comfortable and have a good backrest.
Feng Shui in our house: how to improve environments
But let's go back to what matters to us, which is how to improve the energy in each environment of our house.
The first thing that this philosophy advises us is:
- To produce harmony and balance in our environment use colors (relaxing), numbers, symbols of animals and the five elements (earth, water, fire, metal and wood)
- Take advantage of natural light and use plants in decoration.
- The dining room should be separated from the rest of the rooms, including the kitchen. If it is not possible, generate separation with other elements.
- The kitchen door should not be facing the bathroom door, nor the entrance of the house. To paint the walls of the kitchen, better choose light colors.
- In the dining room, there should be no windows behind the diners' backs. If it can not be avoided, place curtains that protect the interior.
- To illuminate, the light should fall on the center of the table. This element must be clear, to generate an atmosphere of trust.