The wise mother nature puts at our disposal during the summer season exquisite fruits rich in water and fiber with which we can make different recipes. At the same time they hydrate us and contribute to the proper functioning of our body.
And is that by combining these fruits with vegetables we can prepare very appetizing recipes in summer such as gazpachos known as cold soups and cold creams. In fact, as we have already mentioned to you on occasion, the Gazpacho It is characterized by being a cold soup made especially with tomato, which is also added peppers, garlic and olive oil. However, it is not the same as gazpacho , although it is usually very common to be confused by their appearance quite similar.
In addition to the juices, we can use both fruits and vegetables to make different recipes for salads. Fruits such as watermelon, melon, strawberries, and of course not the selection of red fruits or berries. Not in vain, already at a previous moment we explained how to make a delicious gazpacho with red berries , a delicacy that undoubtedly will delight many, as it is a refreshing recipe ideal for the hottest months, which unlike the classic gazpacho is characterized by being a sweeter option.
If you tried the previous recipe and you liked it, or if you would like to try other fruits, it is also possible to make an exquisite Watermelon Gazpacho , an even more refreshing option than the previous one, which also stands out for being much more hydrating, due above all to the high water content of this fruit.
How to make a watermelon gazpacho
Ingredients you need:
- 750 grams of watermelon.
- 250 grams ripe but firm tomatoes.
- Half clove of garlic
- A piece of red pepper
- Half an onion
- 60 grams of bread from the previous day.
- A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- A glass of water (optional by itself has been thick).
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, mild flavor.
- A little thick salt.
Preparation of watermelon gazpacho:
We start by washing the tomatoes, the piece of pepper. We remove the skin to the onion, split and wash. We remove the skin from the garlic clove and take half. Cut into small squares the pepper and the onion.
Once the pieces are crushed in the blender together with the garlic clove. Next, we also chop the tomatoes into squares and toss them into the blender. We crush well and then to this mixture we add the bread in pieces. We return to beat everything together.
Now peel the watermelon and remove the seeds, cut into small pieces and incorporate it into the previous mixture. We started the mixer again and beat everything well. Once beaten add the oil, vinegar and salt. We stir well with the help of a spoon.
We have our watermelon gazpacho ready that we will reserve in the fridge to take it fresh at lunchtime. If it has been a thick gazpacho we can lighten it by adding a little water to taste.
At the time of presenting the gazpacho we can give a few touches to the presentation by adding watermelon balls.
The benefits of watermelon gazpacho
As we told you briefly at the beginning of this note, the watermelon gazpacho stands out especially for being a very refreshing dish , especially when served cold. But also surprised by its incredible ability to hydrate our body (for its high content in water), being ideal in fact on summer days when we tend to sweat a lot, and for its nutritional wealth :
- Hydrates and remineralizes : Did you know that watermelon has a very high water content? Therefore it is an ideal fruit for the hottest days, hence it is not a coincidence that it is a seasonal fruit that we find in the summer months. Precisely because of that water content is a dish that hydrates our body, and also provides essential minerals.
- High content of minerals and vitamins : being a dish made with vegetables (like tomatoes or peppers) and fruits (like watermelon), there is no doubt that we have a tremendously nutritious recipe. For example, it provides magnesium and potassium, as well as folic acid, vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Rich in lycopene : lycopene is a natural antioxidant that we find in certain foods, being the tomato one of the best known. Due to its antioxidant action it helps to prevent certain diseases (such as cancer), while reducing the negative action of free radicals, preventing premature cell aging. It also provides other antioxidants, such as, for example, beta-carotene.
- Depurative : for its richness in both water and minerals, it becomes an excellent option to help our body to be cleansed better. In addition, stimulates diuresis and therefore the elimination of toxins that have accumulated in our body.
- Ideal in diets If you follow a diet to lose weight, this is an ideal recipe because it barely contributes calories, and it is also extremely rich in essential nutrients.
Images | ISTOCKPHOTO / THINKSTOCK