The vegetarian lasagna It is a delicious option ideal for all those people who follow a type of vegetarian diet, which means that they do not consume animal foods such as meat, but depending on whether it is more or less flexible, it can include foods such as butter or milk .
On this occasion, precisely, we propose a wonderful recipe for vegetarian lasagna that precisely includes ingredients accepted within the vegetarian diet, as for example could be the case of cheese, butter or milk. Of course, we substitute the minced meat that is traditionally used in the preparation of this popular Italian recipe for broccoli and mushrooms.
The result, as you will see, is simply exquisite, and the fact that it is vegetarian does not mean that it can not be consumed also by true meat lovers. The result is so delicious that surely they will dare to repeat. Do you dare to prepare it? Take note of the ingredients you need and the steps to follow.
- 500 g of broccoli or broccoli
- 450 g of sliced mushrooms
- 50 g of sliced almonds
- 9 lasagna plates
- 40 g of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and crushed
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper
Note: If you wish you can add other ingredients, such as spinach or carrots.
Ingredients for bechamel sauce
- 600 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g of flour
How to prepare vegetarian lasagna
- Steam the broccoli in a steamer for 4 minutes. If you do not have a steamer nothing happens, you can do it easily using a pot full of water and a colander. To do this, put the water in the pot, place the strainer (without touching the water), and add the broccoli in the strainer. Bring to a boil and let the water steep for 4 minutes.
- In a pan put the butter and the sliced almonds, and brown them for a few minutes (without burning). Then add the previously washed mushrooms and fry for a few more minutes, until tender. Add cooked broccoli and remove from heat. Reservation.
- In a frying pan sauté the chopped onion and the clove of garlic well crushed. Add this delicious stir-fry to the broccoli and mushroom mix.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Now let's make the bechamel. To do this in a saucepan heat the butter a little, until it melts. Then add the flour and, over low heat, cook for a few minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Heat the milk and pour it gradually. It is important that you do not stop stirring. Season to taste and let boil a few more minutes, until it thickens.
- Grease a baking dish with a little butter. In the background, put a little of the mixture of mushrooms and broccoli. Cover with 3 plates of lasagna and then add more broccoli and mushrooms mixture. So to finish with the last layer of plates.
- Pour the béchamel sauce on top.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 40 minutes, or until the lasagna is well browned. Ready! Enjoy.
As you can see, vegetarian lasagna is extremely simple and easy to make. And the result, as you can imagine, is simply incredible.
Images | Istockphoto