Whether you follow a vegetarian diet or follow a vegan lifestyle (which in turn includes the diet you consume each day), it is clear that vegetable pates they become an excellent option when it comes to enjoying snacks, breakfasts and snacks with a food product quite similar in texture and appearance to traditional pates of animal origin. A good example is the soy paté about whose recipe we want to talk to you today.
As you surely know, the soy is a legume native to Japan, which has gradually been part of a very large number of food products. In this way, today we can easily find it in almost any supermarket, whether in the form of vegetable drink, oil, miso, sauce, textured vegetable protein or cheese (although in fact it is not appropriate to call it that).
With it we can develop a wide variety of recipes, not only for its great versatility, but for the wide variety of options and forms. Do you dare to prepare an exquisite soybean pate ideal for those who wish to enjoy a wonderful and exquisite vegetable pate ?.
- 200 g of soybeans (precooked)
- 1 medium onion cut finely
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 5 black olives
- 3 teaspoons of parsley
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
How to prepare the soybean pate
- First of all let's prepare all the ingredients. To do this, reserve the kitchen beans that you must have previously cooked. Bone and chop the black olives. Wash the parsley well and cut it very finely. Peel the onion and cut it too finely.
- Now put the soya beans in a bowl or bowl and crush them with the help of a fork.
- Put extra virgin olive oil in a pan and heat a little. Then add the onion and sauté well, until it softens and becomes transparent.
- Once the onion is ready add it to the crushed soybeans.
- As you stir, add the black olives, tomato paste, sesame seeds, parsley and salt. Change everything well, to get all ingredients are integrated.
- Before serving it is advisable to reserve in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
To what has been very simple to elaborate it? The truth is that as soy beans are so versatile you can choose to add or remove the ingredients you prefer. For example, you can substitute sesame seeds for golden flax or poppy seeds.
If what you want is to enjoy a soy pate with a slightly stronger and slightly spicy flavor, you can add a little ground black pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
And if you love Indian food, spicy and aromatic, we recommend adding a teaspoon of curry, ginger or cardamom. The result will be delicious.
Images | Shutterstock