During the summer months we can enjoy every year the delicious tropical fruits , some fruits coming from tropical or subtropical climate zones, and that among other aspects have in common that they do not support the cold and can be damaged when the temperature falls below 4º C.
Among the most important and common exporters of this type of fruit are Latin America, the Caribbean and the Far East. And to a lesser extent Africa.
They are also known by the name of exotic fruits , precisely because of its colorful appearance, certainly striking shapes, and delicious taste. Hide also benefits and nutritional properties just as interesting
Benefits of tropical fruits
- They are very rich in antioxidants, especially in flavonoids, lycopene and carotenoids.
- Due to its striking colors stimulate the appetite.
- The levels of high cholesterol .
- Prevents inflammation of the prostate.
- They generate a feeling of fullness, being adequate in slimming diets.
- They favor digestion.
- They avoid gastritis and the appearance of gases.
- They are ideal in summer because they quench thirst, being very refreshing.
- They avoid dehydration.
Nutritional properties of tropical fruits
The tropical fruits or exotic are especially rich in vitamins and minerals.
Among the most important vitamins are vitamin A and vitamin C. While, among minerals, we can find magnesium, iron, potassium and phosphorus.
Enjoy these fruits during the summer months, period in which you can find them in markets and specialized stores.
Image | Wikipedia