The tomatoes They are, without any doubt, one of the fundamental ingredients in almost the vast majority of kitchens, especially for their important benefits and properties . They can be eaten in salads, but also alone, boiled, in sauce ...
Not in vain, as we can see throughout the present post, it stands out for the amount of minerals , vitamins and water (around 94%) that it contains.
Its intense red color, for example, is due to its content in lycopene , A substance antioxidant It does not become vitamin A, and it has a protective effect against a large number of heart problems.
It has a large amount of vitamins (B, C and A), and in addition to having few calories and fat, is ideal in diets to lose weight. Important is its mineral content, which highlights the potassium , although it also has phosphorus, magnesium and calcium, among many others.
He tomato It is a vegetable low in sodium, so, also, it is highly recommended in hypertensive .
It is very good for help in digestion , containing organic acid salts, specifically malate and citrates. Precisely because of this issue, however, is not recommended in people who have kidney stones.
If for example we want to take advantage of all the fiber of the tomatoes (Question that, as you know, helps us maintain a healthy digestive system ), you should always choose to eat the tomato with your skin, without peeling it.
Benefits of the most important tomato
- High in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps prevent prostate cancer in men.
- Being low in sodium is recommended in the diet of people with high blood pressure.
- It is rich in fiber, especially if you eat with your skin.
- It provides vitamins (especially vitamins B, C, A and E), as well as minerals (such as potassium, phosphorus and magnesium).
- It helps to make digestion well.
Tomato nutrition information
100 grams of tomato contribute: