When we talk about bread we always think of the typical traditional preparation, characteristically, slightly crunchy texture in the part of its crust, and salty taste. However, did you know that other elaborations are equally delicious, which are also characterized as sweet? A good example is the sweet potato bread about whose preparation we want to talk to you on this occasion, and which is tremendously similar in texture and appearance banana bread .
It is a bread made with sweet potato (or sweet potato), to which it is possible not to add sugar precisely because of the sweet taste that already has this wonderful tubercle (reason why it is also known as Sweet potato ), which stands out for being a very energetic food, but easily digested. However, in this elaboration we add it as a sweetener, although if you wish you can replace it with panela or simply eliminate it.
- 175 g of sweet potatoes
- 200 g of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of butter
- 120 g of sugar
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
How to make sweet potato bread
- With a little butter, start by greasing the elongated mold where you are going to cook the bread. Then fórralo with paper sulfurizado.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes. Place them in a saucepan, cover them with water and simmer for about 10-12 minutes, until they are soft when pierced with a fork. Then remove the water, drain well and reduce it to puree. Let cool and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- In a bowl sift flour, yeast, spices, pinch of salt and sugar. Now add the pecans, the dates well chopped and mix well so that the ingredients are integrated a little.
- In another bowl put the eggs, add the sunflower oil and beat well until emulsified. Add the sweet potato puree that we have previously reserved and mix until well mashed. Now pour this dough into the flour mixture, and knead well until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Pour the dough into the mold and smooth the surface with the help of a spatula. Cook in the oven for 1 hour, until the bread rises. However, it will be cooked and ready when when inserting a wooden stick or a skewer it comes out clean. Once this is the case, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool well before unmolding it (in this way you will prevent it from tearing or breaking).