As we explained to you in a previous article in which we talked about the different benefits of corn , this cereal is characterized by being a very energetic food, which contributes about 330 kcal per 100 g.
This is mainly due to its high content in both fats and carbohydrates. Although it does not mean that it is rich in vitamins and minerals, and moderate in both protein and water.
In this sense, the so-called sweet corn for being one of the most consumed by the little ones of the house, especially for its sweet taste, and because it always fits well in any food (especially in delicious, wonderful and healthy fresh salads).
In this note we tell you about the different benefits of sweet corn , a food as healthy as nutritious.
Benefits and properties of sweet corn
- High content in fats and carbohydrates, providing 330 kcal per 100 g. of product.
- High content of vitamins (especially B, A and C), and minerals (mainly phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium).
- Since it does not contain gluten, it is a suitable food for those who can not tolerate it.
- It helps to metabolize fats faster.
- Contributes to improve intestinal transit.
- Reduce the levels of high cholesterol .