How to strengthen the immune system
It is true that both with a change of season and with the transition from a hot season to a somewhat colder one (as is the passing of the months of summer to the autumn ), it is usual that our health tends to suffer the consequences of these changes.
For example, with the arrival of autumn we tend to feel more apathetic, depressed, and do not feel like doing things. Some consequences that, in fact, tend to increase with the change of time and, therefore, with the decrease of sunlight.
It is a disorder that has a medical explanation: the decrease in sunlight and the passage from a hot and luminous season to a much cooler and "off" cause a hormonal imbalance that results in the appearance of what many call autumnal depression (or autumnal asthenia ).
Not in vain, it is quite usual that with these changes our defenses are weakened. For this reason, many health specialists and doctors in general recommend knowing some useful habits or simple tips when it comes to increase defenses , since only in this way can we provide our bodies with the essential nutrients that we need every day to function properly, and with health.
But in what way can we strengthen the immune system ? What does this system consist of and how is it possible? increase the defenses of the immune system ?
What is the immune or immune system?
It is known by immune system (or immune system ) to that natural system that has every living being to protect itself and defend itself from diseases and different foreign substances that can unbalance its own inner balance.
Specifically, it consists of a system that stands out for being the natural defense that our body has to protect itself from diseases, infections and diverse foreign substances.
It is the system that our body uses to fight and destroy infectious invading organisms, especially before they can cause damage to the organism.
How does the immune or immune system work?
First, an infectious agent must enter the body. The immune system is able to recognize it as a foreign agent (known as antigen ), so that a group of cells called macrophages (which circulate through the bloodstream and through the different tissues of the body) quickly detect that antigen and capture it inside the cell.
Different enzymes that are found inside the cell destroy the antigen by processing it in small pieces that are called antigenic peptides .
Sometimes this process is enough to eliminate the invader, but it does not always happen that way. So other cells come together in the fight.
How to strengthen the immune system
Whether due to an illness, an infectious process, a change of season or different emotional situations, it is quite usual that our immune system weaken
A good way to realize this weakness is when we tend to feel more apathetic, low in mood, we often get bad more often, and our mood is generally low.
To help you strengthen the immune system , here are some simple tips that will help you to reinforce it in a completely natural and healthy way:
- Consume healthy food and natural . Follow a balanced diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Do not forget about vegetables, dairy products, fish, white meats and nuts. They will help you to provide your body with all the essential nutrients it needs to function correctly.
- The best way to provide your body with the vitamins and minerals you need is with the natural consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, and with the monitoring above all of a balanced diet. However, nutritional supplements of vitamins and minerals can be of great help, but only on time. Of course, do not forget to check with your doctor or pharmacist first.
- Sleeping well is always synonymous with good health . Try to rest the hours your body needs, avoiding especially watching television or being in front of the computer at least an hour before you go to bed. Avoid also heavy dining, since it is better to eat light meals (fresh salads, fruit, vegetables ...).
- When a person is stressed, their internal emotional state is unbalanced, their defenses are lowered and they can increase the risk of getting sick more frequently. Try to always live a relaxed and calm life , avoid the problems or, at least, the way you take them. Practicing relaxation or meditation can be very helpful.
- Practice physical exercise regularly , at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time.
- It uses many Natural medicine Useful not only to strengthen your immune system, but to help you enjoy good health. Infusions can be ideal. In this aspect, we recommend the infusion of echinacea, the eucalyptus infusion or teas in general.
- When it is cold, try to warm yourself properly when you go out, and avoid sudden changes in temperature and currents in your home.