If we talk about fruits and wild fruits, it is quite likely that raspberries become the most exquisite and delicious. Its delicate flavor and its great aromatic power makes them a wonderful fruit to enjoy alone or in desserts of natural yogurt. It is an authentic characteristic fruit of summer, light and subtle and pleasant taste. And, for that reason, a simple option when it comes to being able to enjoy them all year round is to elaborate a homemade raspberry jam .
It is a unique option that we can prepare easily, either using only sugar as a sweetener and thickener, or combine them with other exquisite ingredients that will offer a wide variety of flavors. With raspberry, for example, they perfectly combine the following: vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom.
Do you dare to elaborate it with us? It is extremely simple and you will only need about 45 minutes between preparation and cooking. That is, to obtain an even more wonderful result, it is recommended to leave the raspberry in maceration overnight. But let's go step by step.
- 1 kg of fresh raspberries
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to prepare raspberry jam
- Select raspberries that look better. Place them in a colander and wash them well under the tap water.
- Then crush the raspberries as much as possible, until you get a puree.
- In an ideal casserole for jams and marmalades, add the mashed raspberries and half the sugar. Cover and let reserve for one night (12 hours).
- The next day uncover the casserole and add the rest of the sugar, the lemon juice and the thickener. Put the casserole on the fire and bring to a boil and cook, stirring during cooking with the help of a wooden spoon for at least 30 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking check the consistency of the raspberry jam and foam at the end, removing the foam that has formed with the help of a slotted spoon.
- To finish, put the jam in jars or glass jars with a tight lid, pour the jam inside almost to the edge and close the jar. Then put them face down and let them cool. Once cold put a label with the date of packaging / processing.
- Lists! You can enjoy them whenever you want.
How to preserve raspberry jam?
If the bottle or jar where you will keep the jam are very clean, once cold you can keep it perfectly in the fridge for several weeks.
But if what you want is to last you months with all the security, it is best to sterilize the boats first in the water bath before introducing the homemade jam into them.
3 recipes of jams with red fruits
Images | Istockphoto