Do you want to prepare delicious crunchy parmesan cheese sandwiches, ideal to accompany with jam or sweet tomato sauce? It is a wonderful option as a snack, either as a starter or as an appetizer in the middle of the morning. In addition, they are extremely simple and easy to prepare.
Parmesan cheese has the distinction of combining perfectly with a wide variety of very different and varied ingredients, thanks precisely to its great versatility. It is a cheese of Italian origin, known in this country as " Parmigiano Reggiano " It has a hard consistency and it is usually used gratinated or grated, quite salty and with a strong flavor.
In fact, in Italy it is customary to grate it on pasta dishes, due to its flavor and texture. However, it can also be used for some slightly sweeter recipes, although it tends not to be the norm.
The recipe that we propose below is a different option to enjoy the Parmesan, and ideal for those who enjoy the crunchy bread croutons.
- 3 slices of sliced bread, without crust
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of parmesan cheese sandwiches
- Sliced bread slices should have a thickness of at least 2 or 3 centimeters. Cut each slice into equal sized cubes.
- In a deep dish, beat the eggs well. Then add the grated cheese and milk, and beat again all very well again. Add black pepper, avoiding adding salt since, by itself, Parmesan cheese is quite salty.
- Put the cubed loaves of bread in the bowl and carefully give it several turns so that they are well soaked in the mixture.
- Add enough olive oil in a deep pan and fry the cubes of bread until golden brown. If you do not fit all at once, you can fry them little by little. Reserve them in a mushroom dish with an absorbent napkin (so that it absorbs all the oil).
- To finish, sprinkle with a little black pepper and salt, and serve to taste. Ready!
How can we eat them? Some delicious advice
You probably know that the cheese combines perfectly with any sweet ingredient, as for example it could be the case of jams or sweet sauces, precisely because the salty and somewhat strong taste of the cheese gets along very well with sweet options.
If you want, the parmesan sandwiches that we have proposed in this recipe are ideal accompanied with homemade fruit jam. For example, you can make some of the red fruit jams about whose recipe we talked to you some time ago. You will see that the result will be simply excellent.
Images | Istockphoto