The kiwi can become a powerful ally to the time to enjoy a good quality of life. It seems incredible that a so small fruit is an inexhaustible source of vitamins and minerals that ultimately promote the proper functioning of our body.
If we join all this together a most sweet taste next to a most characteristic texture., the kiwi is undoubtedly one of the few fruits that we can add in a rich macedonia with other fruits such as apple, banana or orange.
In short, it has innumerable nutritional values that we will go desgranando little by little through the following lines. Do you get the curiosity to know them? Well, then you will not be left More remedy than putting the five senses.
The kiwi has a high content of vitamin C
Kiwi is next to tangerine and orange, one of the foods that exist with a higher concentration of vitamin C , an essential component so that we can enjoy a strong immune system that protect us from certain viral diseases (especially of colds and flu). Once we know this, we will tell you some other benefits that this vitamin provides:
- It is a powerful antioxidant. This vitamin creates a strong resistance to free radicals. These occur when, for example, we smoke and the body is exposed directly to tobacco smoke.
- It repairs and promotes the growth of our tissues. In this way we will be less exposed to suffer injuries in any part of our body. It also gets them to heal faster because the tissues will rebuild faster.
Very rich in potassium, folic acid and fiber
The benefits of the kiwi do not end exclusively at the first point. This green fruit is also rich in minerals such as potassium, folate and fiber , three essential elements that we will gradually shed:
- Potassium is undoubtedly the mineral par excellence that will enhance the correct growth of our entire body. It also manages to normalize all our blood pressure and therefore is a great ally to combat hypertension.
- Folic acid . Folic acid potentiates the production of red blood cells throughout our body, thus getting oxygen in a much more effective way to all our veins and capillaries. Its consumption is also recommended in all pregnant women. The reason? Because it encourages the production of nucleic acids (DNA). That is, all that genetic information that will later be installed in the cells of the fetus.
- Fiber has also become a component to consider for those people who have stomach problems and is that it can help considerably to "clean" all the intestinal cavities and therefore will make us go to the bathroom more often. This is something that will be appreciated if we suffer from diarrhea or constipation.
90% of the composition of the kiwi is water
The kiwi is made almost 90% water . Therefore, it is one of the most diuretic fruits that exist. This means that you can help us to lose weight because your caloric index is very low (only 65Kcal per 100 grams). To all this we must add the following benefits:
- Clean all our arteries. Thanks to the water and acids Omega 3, the kiwi gets our blood to be converted to a more "liquid" state, causing it to be transported through all our veins and arteries.
- Fight some cardiovascular diseases. Like thrombosis, heart attacks or strokes. It also strengthens all our bones and makes our muscles and organs grow correctly.
Properties of the kiwi, in short
He Kiwi It is one of those fruits that are always very appetizing when we have breakfast, at midmorning, or as a dessert after lunch or dinners, especially for properties and benefits of kiwi .
The kiwi has an interesting contribution of both vitamins and mineral salts; It is for this reason that it has a positive influence on the proper functioning of nervous and circulatory systems .
In addition, this contribution of vitamins in turn helps in the formation of both bones and teeth, and in the different elaborations of proteins (thanks to an enzyme, actidine).
With regard to the metabolism of carbohydrates, it helps in its regulation, acting as a good general restorative, toner of the brain, and prevents the appearance of anemia.
On this specific occasion we are going to stop at its content in vitamin C, since it is so high that it intervenes in a very active way in the defense against infectious diseases, such as the flu and colds.
For this question it is interesting -and recommended- its consumption not only in sick people or low in defenses, but in children and the elderly.
It can be eaten during slimming diets , since in addition to containing very few calories, as we will see at the end of this post, its richness in fiber helps in improving intestinal transit.
Thanks to the fact that it has an acid called propeolytic acid, in addition to improving circulation, it helps to fight against high cholesterol.
Nutritional values of the kiwis
About 100 grams of kiwi contribute ...
- Energy: 55 calories.
- Fat: 0.5 grams.
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams.
- Proteins: 1 gram.
- 37 milligrams of calcium
- 200 milligrams of vitamin C.
- 0.9 milligrams of iron.
- 1.1 milligrams of dietary fiber