The obesity It is a disease whose seriousness has led it to be considered one of the worst epidemics of the 21st century, due to the number of obese people we can find in most industrialized countries.
In most cases it is an easily preventable problem, since it only requires following a healthy lifestyle, practicing physical exercise daily or at least 3 times a week, and eating healthy.
In this case, the metabolic syndrome is a group of diseases or pathologies among which we find obesity, but also the hypertension (find out more about normal blood pressure values ), he high cholesterol and the diabetes .
Although it may be a clinical picture not so well known, it is estimated that one in five Spaniards suffer from metabolic syndrome .
For this reason, and due above all to its serious consequences for health, know how prevent metabolic syndrome It is as recommendable as it is fundamental.
How to prevent metabolic syndrome
Here are some tips and tricks that help you in the prevention of metabolic syndrome :
- Follow a balanced diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, vegetables and legumes, fish and white meat, cereals and nuts.
- Avoid high cholesterol levels, high triglycerides and sugar. For this, it is essential to follow a healthy diet and exercise daily.
- Do physical exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, or 3 times a week.
- Get away from a sedentary lifestyle. Even if you are a busy person every day, you can surely find yourself even 15 minutes a day to walk or run.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol. However, having a glass of wine a day (know more about the benefits of wine) can be beneficial for your cardiovascular health.
- Get away from stress and anxiety.