With the arrival of summer It is common that many people enjoy a few days or weeks of rest outside the home, being quite usual to spend whole days on the beach or in the pool.
In these cases, it is usually common that the diet we follow is not as balanced as we would expect, since we usually pull tapers or eat out at home in bars or restaurants.
Be that as it may, the truth is that we must pay special attention to the food poisoning in summer , a time when it is usual increase the cases of gastroenteritis , as high temperatures favor the proliferation of bacteria in many foods .
That is why it is vital to follow a series of basic food tips or habits to prevent food poisoning . In the case of eggs , for example, prevention must be greater, since it is one of the most dangerous foods .
The danger of eggs in summer
While it is true that eggs are considered an extremely healthy nutritious food, it is true that during the summer we must pay attention to maintain a greater hygiene than the rest of the year.
Why? Fundamentally because the egg transmits salmonellosis , whose symptoms are quite similar to those of gastroenteritis, but much more dangerous, since if it is not treated in time it can get to infect the blood. Hence, the smallest symptom is essential to go to the doctor.
Main precautions to keep in mind with eggs in summer
- Expiration and packaging date : it is essential that the eggs you buy always carry these two dates, since they will indicate not only the date on which they have been packed, but until which day it is safe to consume them.
- Where to keep them? : Eggs should always be stored in the refrigerator once they have been purchased, since it is the best way to ensure that they have an optimal temperature.
- Is it good to wash them? : although once it was thought that it was hygienic to wash eggs, the truth is that this habit can become a serious danger, since we will destroy its protective film.
- If you're going to make tortillas : it is convenient that you set them well. It is not recommended to let them rest in the same dish in which you previously beat the eggs.
- If you're going to prepare mayonnaises, creams or sauces : it is advisable to put them quickly in the refrigerator until the moment they are going to be consumed. In case you over, it's not a good idea to store them in the fridge.
- If you eat out : it is not recommended that you order dishes with egg or homemade mayonnaise, since if there are risks at home, imagine yourself in a restaurant, bar or snack bar where you can not measure the hygiene that has been carried out.
Image | BPheonix