Although the nougat It becomes a typical sweet of Christmas, constituting in fact as a delicious sweet as traditional as popular, the truth is that today we can find ourselves in the supermarket with a wide variety of flavors, which in reality have nothing to do with the more traditional nougat.
And speaking of traditional nougat, there is no doubt that we could mention two especially typical during these days of the year so endearing and special. One of them is the popular Nougat from Jijona , also known as white nougat and which is made with ground almonds and honey. Another one is the delicious Alicante nougat , which differs from the previous one in that whole almonds, sugar and wafers are used.
However, among the other nougat that can also be enjoyed during Christmas, and that also enjoy some popularity, we can mention the wonderful fruit nougat , a delicious option that is traditionally made with candied fruit and ground almonds .
It is a Christmas dessert that today has also become a typical sweet of these parties, since it is made and consumed in fact for many decades in our country, where it is common to not miss a tablet of this delicious dessert for Christmas.
Unlike the rest of classic nougat, the truth is that we are faced with a curious sweet that is originally made with a base of marzipan nougat (which is made with ground almonds, icing sugar and egg white), which is then Add candied or candied fruit.
Do you dare to prepare it at home? We explain your ingredients and steps to follow.
Fruit nougat recipe
The recipe of fruit nougat that we propose on this occasion is ideal to make a total of 2 tablets of nougat of medium size.
It will take you to prepare it around 15 minutes, and in total some 4 hours approximately.
- 250 gr of ground almonds
- 1 egg white
- 200 gr of icing sugar
- 100 gr of candied fruit (or candied)
- The zest of 1 lemon
How to make the fruit nougat:
- First we will proceed to chop the candied fruit in small sizes, reserving a few larger pieces to decorate the outside of the nougat.
- Put the candied fruit in a large bowl, and add the egg white, the ground almonds, the icing sugar and the lemon zest.
- Love everything until you get a mass similar to plasticine. If necessary you can add more water or more almond depending on if necessary.
- Let the dough rest for at least 2 hours, in a cool, dry place.
- After this time put some candied fruit (of which we have reserved previously) in the bottom of the mold and fill it with the mass of nougat that we have prepared, pressing it well.
- Again, reserve it, cover it well, this time in the fridge for another 2 hours.
The result will be so deliciously wonderful that it is quite likely that you will rework it again in a few days. And it is that not only you will love its flavor, but also its exquisite texture and its particular color.