The osteoporosis it comes to be a progressive decrease in bone mass, which causes our bones to tend to become somewhat more fragile and prone to fractures. But there are a number of tips that can help to prevent its appearance.
As we have already tried on several occasions, minerals such as phosphorus or calcium help to give solidity and density to the bones
But throughout life, the bone goes through a continuous process of loss and regeneration, which is called "bone remodeling."
Osteoporosis commonly affects women after menopause, when they lose the protective effect of estrogen. But it also affects men.
Precisely because of this issue there are different types of osteoporosis identified: the postmenopausal osteoporosis and the senile osteoporosis (which occurs in old age).
However, there are some guidelines and tips that can help prevent osteoporosis , thus avoiding the appearance of it.
Useful tips to prevent osteoporosis
Among those tips that help us prevent the onset of osteoporosis, we find the following guidelines:
- Exercise daily, such as walking, jogging or, for example, climbing stairs. Do weights and practice yoga It can also be extremely beneficial.
- As we know, calcium is one of the most important minerals. It should be taken between 1,000 to 1,300 milligrams of calcium per day . Precisely because of this issue, you must follow a diet that includes enough calcium.
- Tobacco negatively affects the organism, and among these issues, especially the bones.
As you can see, there are some simple tips that can help us prevent the onset of osteoporosis. In addition, we offer you some more tricks below, just as useful.
Did you know that yoga helps prevent osteoporosis? This is because, as we well know, yoga keeps the skeleton strong and healthy, because through the asanas rotations are carried out. joints and spine, at the same time that they help strengthen the muscles.
- Main benefits of yoga for health and how to do it at home
Yoga also increases bone density through certain postures, mainly those in which you have to support your body weight, something that is not done exclusively with the legs, but is carried out with the arms and with the upper part of the body. body itself
In turn, it balances the production of estrogen, calcium, progesterone and adrenaline levels, which helps maintain bone density, especially in menopause.
Did you know that ice cream can help?
Like the dairy products , the ice creams they stand out for having a more or less high content in calcium . An appetizing option when we meet in summer and the heat tightens.
Obviously, it does not work frozen , since an ice cream does not contain calcium . However, the cream ice cream Yes, although in this sense it is best to opt for a good milk ice cream .
This is due to the fact that milk ice cream contributes about 150 mg. of calcium per 100 g. of product.
This is 20% of the daily intake we need from this mineral.
In case the calories of the ice cream are an inconvenience but you are passionate about ice creams, try to choose them always low in fat.
A good option, for example, is to opt for the 0% varieties (recommended for diabetics, as long as their consumption is moderate), or to opt for ice cream, although it is true that their calcium content is extremely low.
Natural supplements useful in the prevention of osteoporosis
It is also advisable and appropriate to take Natural supplements against osteoporosis that help positively. We expose the most appropriate and, above all, which tend to be the most common:
- Calcium supplements : They are the most suitable to help the body to get a correct supply of calcium. In fact, supplements of this mineral are suitable for the calcification of bones.
They are taken in the form of capsules, and the usual dose is set at 1200 mgs.
- Vitamin D supplements : In addition to knowing which foods are rich in vitamin D, it is also appropriate to take vitamin D supplements. In this regard, they are useful to allow the absorption of calcium.
They are taken in the form of capsules, and the usual dose is set at 500 mgs. (divided into two doses per day).
- Vitamin C supplements : In addition to knowing which are the best foods rich in vitamin C, it is also useful to take supplements of this vitamin. In this sense, vitamin C prevents the oxidation of bone cells, while helping to strengthen tendons and muscles.
The usual doses are 2000 mgs., Divided into two daily doses.
More information | Medline Plus