The Mississippi chocolate cake is a wonderful and exquisite cake originated from the state of Mississippi (United States), where it comes from, and where it is precisely an authentic tradition. It becomes a claim for chocolate lovers, mainly because of its internal texture and its deep and slightly bitter taste.
Although there is no historical evidence about its creation, it is originally believed that the Mississippi Mud Pie It is a chocolate cake created by chefs after the First World War, thanks to the fact that only simple ingredients are needed for its preparation, and its preparation is precisely simple.
If you love chocolate as much as we love it (yes, I'm passionate about cocoa, why deny it), there's no doubt that Mississippi chocolate and cream cake it is a recipe that you can not miss, and that, at least, we should prepare at home once in a lifetime. Why? You will discover it when you try it.
The recipe that we propose to you this time is to make a chocolate cake for 8 people.
Ingredients for the dough
- 250 g of wheat flour + a little more to sprinkle in the mold
- 140 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (without sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of fine granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 150 g of dark chocolate
- 175 g of butter
- 240 g of brown sugar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 spoons of cocoa powder (sugar-free, sifted)
- 300 ml of liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate essence
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients to garnish (cream of cream)
- 430 ml of extragrase whipped cream
- Chocolate flakes
Making chocolate and cream cake Mississippi
- First, preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Now let's start to make the dough. To do this, in a bowl sift wheat flour and cocoa powder. Add the butter and work with your fingers until you get a consistency similar to that of bread crumbs. Then add the sugar, cold water and mix well until the dough is compacted. Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and leave it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- After this time flour a surface and spread the dough. Then cover a removable round mold with the dough. Ideally, it is for cakes or cakes of 23 centimeters. Spread vegetable paper over the oven and sprinkle some dried vegetables on top. Place in the oven and let the dough cook at 190 ° C for 15 minutes. After this time remove the dried vegetables with care not to burn yourself, the vegetable paper, and finish baking for 10-12 minutes more. Then remove from the oven and reserve. Do not turn off the oven.
- Now is the time to prepare the wonderful and tender filling. To do this, put butter and sugar in a bowl or bowl and beat a little. Then add the egg and cocoa powder sieved little by little while you continue to beat. Melt the dark chocolate and add it to the bowl, whisking little by little. Now add the liquid cream, the essence of chocolate and the essence of vanilla, and mix again.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160 ° C. Pour the chocolate cream in the previously baked base and put it back in the oven to cook it for 45 minutes (or until the exact moment you notice that the filling has set).
- Finally, after this time, remove from the oven and let it cool. Once cold, cover the top of the cake with the cream and add chocolate flakes. Reserve in the refrigerator until you serve it.
Images | Istockphoto and Shutterstock