The purines they are substances that we find in certain foods, and that once they are absorbed by our organism they tend to leave as residue the one called as uric acid .
Explaining it more simply, we can indicate that the uric acid would be the degradation of toxins in our body , which are mainly eliminated through our urine
For this reason, when a person has the high uric acid and you need to lower your levels, you must continue to join poor diet in purines , since high values of uric acid can produce a disease classically known as drop , or cause other disorders such as kidney stones.
Foods prohibited in a diet low in purines
- Fat meats
- Broths rich in fats.
- Blue fish (highlight above all herring or sardines).
Drinks prohibited in low purine diets
- Drinks with alcohol, like beer.
Foods that can be consumed in moderation
- Chicken meat.
- Vegetables (spinach, asparagus, peas and cauliflower).
In addition to the foods indicated above, which should not be consumed or consumed in moderation when a low purine diet is followed, it is also essential to follow the following basic tips:
- Drink water, at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water (weak mineralization).
- Control excess weight.
- Practice physical exercise.
- Discover what are the Purine-free foods healthier to follow a purine-free diet.
Image | Lucy Crabapple