The intestinal and stomach gas (also known by the name of flatulence ) become a problem certainly uncomfortable for many people, who tend to appear above all at the most inopportune moment.
Although its natural expulsion is usually habitual through belching or rectum, in certain occasions its expulsion may not be so simple. So the gases They become a very disturbing visitor.
These uncomfortable travel companions can appear at any time, and although in our digestive tract the gas is formed by the swallowed air and they are produced in turn each time food is swallowed, due to enzymes and their nutrients and bacteria, this process tends to produce carbon dioxide, hydrogen and methane gas (which is expelled through the rectum).
The appearance of a excess gas or flatulence is medically known with the names of aerophagia or flatulence . And they may have different consequences or negative effects for our stomach .
Main causes of the appearance of gases
Although there are several medical conditions or causes that can influence the appearance of the feared gas or flatulence, the most common is that they appear because the person swallows air at mealtime, or eats nervously, with anxiety.
Next we name you some of the Main causes of gas in the stomach :
- Swallow a lot of air when the person is eating.
- Eating while we feel nervous, anxious or anxious.
- Eat too fast, without chewing properly and properly.
- Consume certain foods that increase the likelihood of gas, such as legumes, whole wheat, fried or bran bread. Also cabbages, cauliflower, fatty meats or taking a lot of fiber.
Symptoms of stomach or intestinal gas
Main symptoms of gas or flatulence We can summarize them in the following points:
- Stomach inflammation
- Stomach and / or abdominal pain.
- Heaviness sensation
Treatment for gases
Although each treatment against gases depends directly on the causes that have caused its appearance, the general treatment to be followed is based above all on:
- Changes in diet and health habits. In this sense, foods that increase the risk of suffering them should be avoided.
- Avoid eating gum or candy, which cause us to swallow more air.
- Try not to drink so many carbonated drinks.
If even if you follow these medical advice does not improve your situation, it is best to always see your doctor. There are certain medications in the pharmacies (such as Aerored ) that will help you in the treatment.
Image | themonnie