Although it is a wrong opinion that tends to be on the lips of many people, there are no indigestible foods, as it is a matter that depends on each individual. That is, it is true that there are foods that due to their nutritional composition or their content in certain substances or compounds, can affect digestion (for example, they can cause flatulence). But there are no indigestible foods by themselves.
For example, you can have a sirloin steak lunch with your partner and you can digest it badly, but she can not. In this same sense, it is necessary to know that functional digestive problems tend to be linked more to the consumption of one or several determined nutrients. In this way, when an individual does not tolerate a food, it is necessary to replace it with another one or suppress it to avoid possible deficiencies.
Similarly, there are certain habits that can influence our digestion does not develop as well as we would like. As we will see, it also depends on the way we eat and how we do it. Luckily, it is possible improve digestion in a totally natural and healthy way.
What habits can negatively influence our digestion?
Believe it or not, in addition to the food we eat and the drinks we drink, the truth is that our habits can have a direct influence on whether our digestion can develop correctly or not . That is, what we do not only before meals, but during and even after we have finished eating. And what are those habits or factors that negatively influence digestion? Take note:
- Eating distracted: Many nutritionists advise that, when we are eating, we do so while totally focused on the plate in front of us. In this way, we will be able to enjoy the food and we will obtain a lot of pleasure if we also like what we are eating. For example, it is not advisable to read and eat at the same time, or to be distracted by other occupations. Indeed, we must leave the mobile phone aside and focus on enjoying what we are eating.
- Not have a schedule: Our digestive system needs a schedule in order to carry out digestion well. For example, if we usually eat at 13 hours, the ideal is always to try to do it at the same time. That does not mean that if one day we eat at 4 in the afternoon our digestion suffers, but our digestive system will work better if we try to maintain a certain balance.
- Eat quickly and chew food badly: It directly influences our digestion. Moreover, if we eat quickly it is quite likely that we overeat, so to maintain this habit over time our weight will also suffer. In addition, when we eat quickly, the most common thing is that we chew food badly, so it could be indigestible.
- Eat excessively: It is another common cause, which commonly joins the fact of eating quickly, since we do not give our digestive system time to send signals to the brain that we are satiated. So we tend to eat more without needing it.
Some useful tips to improve your digestion naturally
- Opt for natural foods: The most appropriate are healthy, healthy and one hundred percent natural foods, avoiding the consumption of very fatty or high-sugar foods.
- Foods rich in fiber: Vegetables are very rich in fiber, necessary -as you know- to regulate the correct functioning of the intestines, and regulate intestinal transit with it. It is best to consume them always cooked, since in this way it softens and predicts them. But beware, beware of excess fiber, as it can cause flatulence.
- Do not eat in excess: Avoid excesses, especially those meals that we do away from home and that, in most cases, we tend to feel indigestible because we have eaten more than we should.
- Drink liquids: Consume the recommended amount of daily water, also in the form of natural juices and infusions. The best? Try not to drink during the meal.
- Opt for supplements and prebiotic foods: The prebiotic foods They can be very useful, since they also help regulate intestinal transit.
What are the best natural supplements for digestion?
Bearing in mind that, in themselves, there are no foods considered as indigestible, the truth is that it is the way we eat and the quantity which, precisely, has a negative impact at the time that we can suffer or not indigestion .
Of course, we must not ignore either that functional digestive problems tend to be linked to the consumption of certain nutrients, mainly because the person does not tolerate that food.
Question that is usual in many people, but can cause nutritional deficiencies if that food is not replaced by another that provides the same nutrients.
However, although it is necessary to know how to improve digestion naturally , it may also be advisable to know what natural supplements for digestion It can be ideal:
- Vitamins : Vitamins, especially and especially Vitamin A , helps both to combat stomach irritation and pain, especially when inflammation appears.
- Calcium : It is a mineral that helps to reduce the annoying symptoms that tend to appear when there is indigestion (or when the stomach digests food badly.) It also helps to neutralize the excess of heartburn.
- Magnesium : Magnesium, medically known as magnesium gluconate, also helps in the fight against heartburn.
- Prebiotic foods : They help not only to make a good digestion, but to regulate intestinal transit. He yoghurt , for example, is a wonderful food rich in good bacteria for our digestive system.
As we can see, enjoying a good digestion is possible if you avoid certain habits and factors that can have a very negative influence on their correct development. The key is to eat calm and relaxed, slowly, chewing food and know how to choose what we eat.