The ice creams become an excellent option to refresh us, something wonderful especially when we are hot. In addition, its nutritional composition makes it possible to become a very interesting dessert or snack, with an interesting contribution in calcium, proteins and vitamin B2. Although, of course, as long as its consumption is occasional and never excessive.
In summer, we know that one of the most good and interesting ideas to mitigate the heat and high temperatures is to have a good ice cream, although it is vital to take into account whether they are ice or cream at the time of taking them, especially in those people that are under a diet of thinning.
As we indicated in the article in which we knew that ice cream does not get fat , just look at the ingredients of the popsicles and ice cream to discover that, although similar, they are different foods.
Nourishing composition of ice cream and popsicles
It is evident that the nutritional contribution that we obtain from ice cream, popsicles or sorbets, are different given that the ingredients used for their preparation are equally different. What makes its content in essential nutrients, fats and calories even vary greatly.
- Energy: Many nutritionists classify ice cream and ice cream as moderate energy content foods, which means that 100 grams contribute less than 300 kcal. While the ice cream made with milk contribute around 150 kcal. In this sense, ice creams (popsicles) and sorbets stand out, with an energy contribution that ranges from 68 to 138 kcal.
- Proteins: Although it may be certainly surprising, did you know that the proteins found in milk and cream ice cream have a high biological value? This means that being ice cream made from milk powder (which usually is usually skimmed), its content in proteins of good quality increases, highlighting in turn the contribution of the amino acid lysine. If you also add nuts to the ice cream, its protein content can increase a lot.
- Carbohydrates: The main energetic value found in both ice cream and milk ice cream is due especially to its content of sugars, mainly lactose and added sugars such as sucrose or glucose syrup. However, its fatty contribution can play a positive role in this regard, since delaying the gastric emptying of the same causes that this type of sugars are not so rapid absorption. This is what happens, for example, with lactose, which is a simple sugar of slower absorption.
- Fat: Both cream ice cream and milk-based ice cream tend to have a variable fat content, although it is higher in cream ice cream than dairy-based ice cream. Obviously, everything will depend on the ingredients that are added, which can double this fat content, as is the case of the coverage of chocolate or pieces of white chocolate. In any case, 100 grams of cream ice cream contributes around 20% of the recommended amount of daily fat. However, water ice creams and sorbets contain virtually no fats.
- Cholesterol: The caloric content of ice cream and milk is higher, providing around 30 mg. of cholesterol per 100 grams of product. As we can see, it is a somewhat high cholesterol content, although it only accounts for 10% of the maximum recommended intake of cholesterol (300 mg / day).
- Vitamins: The vitamin content provided by cream or milk ice cream is not so interesting. For example, they mainly provide vitamin B2.
- Minerals: Especially noteworthy is the presence of calcium, especially in dairy-based ice creams and creams. In fact, 100 grams of dairy-based ice cream provide around 148 mg. Its contribution in magnesium is also interesting.
The main differences between ice cream, popsicles and sorbets
The ice creams have a base of milk (which are considered dairy) and eggs, so they are very rich in nutrients and provide a greater number of both fats and proteins.
This differs from the poles and sorbets, which are made with water that is usually added sugar and fruit juices, being somewhat more nutrient poor.
Therefore, the nutritional composition of ice cream or milk (dairy) and ice-cream ice-cream tend to be very different. So that not only varies its contribution in proteins, vitamins or minerals, but also in fat (and therefore in calories).
Beware of industrial ice cream. Much better home and craft
It is also necessary to differentiate between ice cream and industrial and craft poles, since industrial companies usually contain modified ingredients and food additives.
On the contrary, craftsmen tend to be, as you can imagine, much more natural, which is why they tend to be much easier to digest, although - yes - they do not conserve as much as industrialists.