Running becomes one of the best ways to stay in line and enjoy good health, thanks to the fact that it consists of a type of physical exercise that helps us strengthen our muscles and lower joints, strengthens our lungs and our heart, burns fat and also improves our health in general.
But at the time of getting this physical exercise is correct, and especially when it comes to avoid discomfort or that you get hurt, it is essential to know the proper technique to run.
The position when running
- Your posture should be relaxed, never tense or stooped, keeping your shoulders relaxed.
- The head should be in a neutral position, which means that it can not be too high or too low.
- Keep your elbows at a 90 degree angle, changing from arm back to front in the opposite direction to your leg (it will help you to give your stride better).
- Keep your hands closed or open, but always following the forearm line.
- Avoid tension in the hands, and especially tense fists.
- Always keep your hips forward.
How to run correctly?
It is essential to run with the front of your feet, leaving the heels have little contact with the ground. It may be easier for you to begin running barefoot in your home, which will help you to discover better what is the most natural position to run.
How to breathe correctly?
Breathing is essential during sports practice, breathing is essential with a certain rhythm (in this way you will be able to provide your body with the oxygen it needs constantly).
Try to inspire through the nose and exhale through the mouth, which will help you not to bother your throat (which happens if you breathe only through the mouth).
Tips when running
- Stretch and warm: for at least 15 minutes before physical exercise, stretching and warming both muscles and joints. It will help you avoid injuries and discomfort while you run.
- Breathe correctly: it is essential not to get tired so much, especially if you do it correctly.
- Hydrate yourself correctly: dehydration is something that should always be avoided. Therefore, it takes a lot of water, 15 or 20 minutes before running.