The oats is, without a doubt, one of those versatile foods that besides being ideal to include it in a great diversity of recipes, is a natural and healthy option to provide our organism with an interesting amount of essential nutrients. It is also extremely delicious, even more so if we accompany it with other equally suitable options from a nutritional point of view, such as, for example, vegetable drinks or yogurt.
In regard to the most important benefits and qualities of the oats , it is an ideal cereal when it comes to maintaining good cardiovascular health, thanks to its beta-glucan content which helps to enjoy a healthy heart and arteries and is useful to reduce high levels of fats in the blood . It contributes not negligible amounts of minerals (magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron) as well as vitamins (vitamins of group B and E), besides being a food very rich in healthy fats.
It has a low glycemic index, so it is a food whose consumption is recommended in people who follow a diet of weight loss, have diabetes or have resistance to insulin. In addition, because of its natural fiber content it provides satiety, so it can be said that it is a useful food for weight loss.
There are different options when it comes to enjoying all its qualities. A delicious option is to make oatmeal bars , with a huge energetic power. We explain what ingredients you need and the steps to make them easily at home.
Ingredients that you need
- 750 gr. of oat flakes
- 70 gr. of orejones
- A bunch of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 200 gr. of whole cane brown sugar
- 1/2 butter stick
- 130 gr. of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of honey
Steps to make oatmeal bars
First preheat the oven to 180 ºC of temperature. While the oven is heating, put waxed paper or baking paper in a square baking dish no larger than 22 centimeters, and spread a little butter on it.
Put butter, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat over low heat until melted. Once melted mix a little so that the ingredients are integrated. Now add the peanut butter and stir again well. Now it is time to add the rest of the ingredients (chopped dried apricots, raisins, sesame seeds and oat flakes).
Put the mixture in the baking dish, pressing it a little. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. After this time remove from heat and let cool. Then, to finish, cut the dough into several squares to form bars. Ready!.
What are the benefits of oatmeal bars?
These oatmeal bars that we present in this delicious recipe become a very interesting natural option to enjoy the qualities of different healthy and natural foods, as for example is the case of:
- Oatmeal : As indicated above, they are very rich in vitamins and minerals, healthy fats and carbohydrates. It helps to lower the high levels of fats in the blood, it is useful to take care of our heart and the health of our arteries.
- Raisins : they are very rich in fiber and provide a large amount of carbohydrates, so they are an excellent source of energy. They are also a good source of antioxidants.
- Apricot apricots : as happens with raisins, apricot apricots are very rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as being very energetic because they are rich in carbohydrates. Because of its fiber content they help improve intestinal transit.
- Sesame seeds : they are extremely rich in zinc, so it is an excellent food for men since their daily consumption prevents male infertility. It is useful against high cholesterol , very rich in unsaturated fatty acids. In addition, it also provides vitamins and minerals.
- Honey : it is a very interesting natural option when it comes to providing energy to our body, besides being a wonderful natural antibiotic, useful to strengthen our immune system and defenses.
Do you want to learn how to make more delicious recipes with oatmeal? We encourage you to discover: oat water , oat milk , muesli , big wave Y porridge .