The Butter is a food of animal origin that is obtained by the emulsion of water in fat, which is obtained in turn as a result of whey, kneading and washing the different conglomerates of fat globules that are formed from the cream shake. milk. That is to say, is the fat part of the milk . Its color is very characteristic due to the presence of beta-carotene, which gives it a yellow appearance.
Explained more simply, the butter is made from the intense cream shake until the separation of the fat and the serum is achieved , to later return to be kneaded, heavy and wrapped for consumption and / or sale. On the other hand, as you surely know, cream is obtained in the process of pasteurization of milk, and is essential when it comes to obtaining butter.
The benefits of eating butter
- It is very rich in antioxidants : contains essential antioxidant nutrients, as for example is the case of vitamin A, E and selenium. In fact, did you know that it is one of the best sources of vitamin A?
- Good source of vitamin D and K2 : it is quite possible that you do not know vitamin K2, but the truth is that it is essential to avoid arteriosclerosis by reducing the risk of arterial calcification. Butter provides it, as do interesting amounts of vitamin D.
- Improves the absorption of omega-3 fatty acids : if you consume usually blue fish for its richness in healthy fatty acids you should also know that it is interesting to consume saturated fats like the ones that butter gives you, since it helps the tissues to retain said fatty acids, thus improving their absorption.
- Improves and promotes the health of the thyroid : butter contains iodine, an essential essential nutrient to avoid low thyroid function that can influence the presence of a slow metabolism, and in turn be a cause of weight gain.
- Improves the immune system : Butter contains butyric acid, which has been associated with a stimulation of T cells, which are essential for attacking viruses.
- Fight decay : for its content in vitamins K2 and D3, which give it an anticariogenic effect.
How to make butter at home easily?
Actually making butter at home is very simple, since you only need two basic ingredients and the production process is extremely simple.
Ingredients you need to make your own butter
- 1 liter of whipping cream (minimum 35% fat)
- Salt to taste)
Steps to make your homemade butter
First of all you must take into account that the cream should be cool . In addition, organic cream is recommended, from free-grazing cows, since they are the ones with the most vitamin K2 and D3 content.
Put the cream in a large bowl to beat with the help of rods, or in the glass of a food processor. Then beat the cream at medium speed. Little by little you will be observing how the cream is mounted.
Just when the cream is fully assembled, the power of the robot or mixer increases, so that the shake is much faster.
You will notice that the cream is cut. It is the moment in which it has already turned into butter, adopting that characteristic yellowish color. Also, you will notice that it releases serum.
Now put the butter in a colander and wash it well, passing it through water until you notice that the water falls completely clean, while you press it to release all the liquid.
Now place a large plate and absorbent kitchen paper and place the butter on it. Then place in a bowl, add salt to taste and reserve in the refrigerator with a paper film.
Images | iStock