He Garlic It is one of those wonderful foods that in addition to being widely used in cooking, for a long time also has been used in more natural medicine as a home remedy in the treatment and prevention of many diseases, conditions and health disorders. In fact, it is quite likely that right now you remember some remedy that your grandmother or your mother made with garlic for the treatment of some health problems.
With regard to the most important benefits and properties of the Garlic , it becomes a traditional remedy very interesting in case of colds and flu, thanks to its antibiotic qualities. It is also very useful when caring for our cardiovascular system, thanks to the fact that it is able to decrease platelet aggregation, which significantly increases fibrinolytic activity (it provides antithrombotic properties).
Although the simplest and most natural option is to consume raw or lightly cooked garlic to enjoy its most interesting qualities, there is a traditional remedy that has been widely used for years. garlic milk , a popular drink with incredible benefits and properties.
Ingredients to make garlic milk
To make garlic milk you need the following ingredients:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup whole milk (you can substitute rice milk or almond milk)
- Honey (optional)
Steps to make garlic milk
Put the milk in a saucepan or pan and cook it for a few minutes. Peel the garlic and grind well (you can also cut them into thin slices).
Add the crushed or cut garlic to the saucepan with milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve in a cup and sweeten with honey.
How to drink garlic milk?
It is advisable to consume a cup of this natural beverage every day.
What are its benefits and for what purpose?
Garlic milk is a natural drink that brings interesting benefits and properties , its use being possible, in fact, for a great diversity of disorders and health problems. Among its most important qualities we can mention:
- Strengthens the immune system : thanks mainly to the antibiotic qualities of garlic, able to help us to prevent colds, flu and colds, in addition to other infections caused by fungi and bacteria.
- Helps eliminate intestinal parasites : Regular consumption of garlic milk is useful to reduce and expel parasites present in the intestine.
- Lower cholesterol : if you suffer from high cholesterol garlic milk is very suitable, since garlic is an ideal food to reduce high cholesterol levels and triglycerides in the blood.
- Suitable against dry cough : if you suffer from attacks of dry cough, especially at night, garlic milk is very useful to combat it.
- Helps to breathe better : if you have difficulty breathing well, or suffer from asthma, garlic milk is also useful. To enjoy these qualities it is advisable to take a cup before going to sleep, very hot (but being careful not to burn yourself).
Images | iStock / Rebecca Siegel