Although traditionally known as food for birds , the truth is that in recent years the consumption of birdseed by a large number of people, thanks to the fact that they have transcended scientific information about their different benefits and properties.
Precisely one of the birdseed benefits most known is related to its slimming virtues. A property that is due above all to its content in lipase, an enzyme responsible for eliminating excess body fat.
From a nutritional point of view is a cereal rich in plant proteins, so that 100 grams of canary seed provide 14 grams of protein, highlighting in turn its calcium and phosphorus content.
How to make milk from birdseed?
- 6 tablespoons of birdseed
1) Put in a bowl the 6 tablespoons of canary seed and cover with water.
2) Leave it at rest throughout the night.
3) The next day remove the water and liquefy the seeds.
4) Boil a liter of water.
5) When it cools, add to the liquefied seeds and strain.
Benefits and properties of birdseed milk
- High content in vegetable proteins .
- Lower cholesterol levels and high triglycerides.
- Prevents arteriosclerosis
- It helps eliminate fats.
- Depurative and diuretic.
When to drink canary milk?
It is ideal to take a glass of canary seed milk on an empty stomach and another before going to sleep.