He apricot and orange smoothie about which we want to speak to you on this occasion is a simple recipe to enjoy the taste that the curious combination of apricot and orange offers us. In addition, in its preparation -simple and easy, by the way- we will use half natural yogurt, which will help to provide an even smoother flavor and a somewhat creamier texture.
It is always a good time to enjoy a delicious fruit smoothie, especially if it is freshly prepared, and above all, if we have also prepared it ourselves at home, mainly for something very valuable: we know the ingredients we have used in its preparation and We can also control the amount of sugar we have added to it.
Unlike fruit juices, both shakes and newly popular smoothies have the advantage of being drinks that contain all the fiber and pulp of the fruit we have used, so that they would provide us with many of the nutrients that the fruit individually. But we must not be confused about something fundamental: it is not the same to consume a milkshake as a whole fruit, being much better - from a nutritional point of view - to opt directly for the whole fruit.
- 200 g of apricots
- 1 or 2 large oranges
- 1/2 natural yogurt
- The juice of 1 orange
- Ground cinnamon
How to prepare the apricot and orange smoothie:
- Wash the apricots well, cut them in half and carefully remove the bone. Put them in the blender glass and whisk them well. Then reserve them.
- Next, peel the oranges, break them and pass them through a Chinese sieve. In this way you can separate the pulp from the juice. However, if you like to take the orange juice with your pulp, you can directly split the oranges in half and squeeze them directly into the juicer.
- In the glass of the blender add the freshly squeezed orange juice and mix the two juices (those of apricot and orange).
- Then add the natural yogurt, and beat again for a few seconds, until you get a cream as homogeneous as possible.
- Finally, reserve in the refrigerator until the moment you go to take it. Of course, before doing so it is advisable to remove it again.
What benefits does this milkshake offer us?
From a nutritional point of view, both the orange As the apricot They are fruits especially rich in vitamin C, provitamin A and beta-carotene, which stand out precisely because they are powerful antioxidants, with protective qualities against the action of free radicals.
In addition, they also provide fiber, especially useful to improve intestinal transit and reduce constipation.
On the other hand, yoghurt It is a probiotic food rich in lactobacilli, which are beneficial bacteria for our intestinal flora. In addition, it also provides proteins of good quality (or high biological value to provide the majority of essential amino acids), calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, D, and group B.