He gofio mousse It is a wonderful dessert tremendously characteristic in the Canary Islands, where it originally comes from. Precisely, and as its name suggests, it is elaborated with gofio , the popular and nutritious food of the Canarian Archipelago, which was already consumed in the times of the ancient aborigines.
As you surely know, the mousse is a dessert of creamy and fluffy preparation, very versatile in that you can choose a wide variety of ingredients for its preparation (the most popular is chocolate).
And, in the case of sweet gofio mousse , it is a creamy sweet with a soft and creamy texture quite curious, since the gofio gives it a slightly bitter taste and a really characteristic appearance. In addition, it provides all the nutritional qualities that food provides, being ideal as a dessert or snack.
There is no doubt that it is ideal for true gofio lovers, especially if you sprinkle a little of this wonderful food on top (the result, in fact, will be even more exquisite).
- 500 ml of whipping cream (1 bottle)
- 3 eggs
- 8 heaped tablespoons of toasted gofio of millet + Gofio to the taste to decorate
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Ground almonds
- The zest of 1 lemon
- Cinnamon powder
Note: if you want the gofio mousse to be even sweeter you can add 100 g of condensed milk to the recipe.
Preparation of the gofio mousse:
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Put the egg yolks in a deep dish and whisk them well. Reservation. Then, in a large bowl, add the sugar and whisk the egg whites until stiff. Once assembled, integrate the egg yolks, and continue beating a little more.
- Now add the cream to mount (and if you prefer to add condensed milk this is the time to integrate it). Beat again.
- Add the roasted millet gofio and beat it all very well. If you like that the mousse is more gofio flavor you can try to add more to taste. Beat again until all ingredients are well integrated.
- Serves in glasses preferably glass. Add a little gofio on top, sprinkling it well, and if desired, add ground cinnamon and ground almonds.
- Reserve in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before taking it. In this way you will achieve the ideal consistency and texture.
- To enjoy!.
As you see, the preparation does not require much complication, and the result is simply wonderful. You will see how once you try it you will not be able to stop eating it. Moreover, it is quite possible that you are not the first to elaborate.
Images courtesy of Romulied.
More desserts from the Canary Islands
3 dessert recipes with Canarian gofio
Recipe of Prince Albert and quesadilla