In the Satires of Juvenal (specifically in Satire X, 356) we find the famous Latin quote Healthy mens in corpore sano , which basically indicates the need to pray in order to have a balanced spirit in a balanced body; although to this day it is used with another meaning: Healthy mind in a healthy body .
And is that in order to enjoy a healthy body In addition to following a healthy lifestyle, it is essential to maintain a healthy and balanced mind, since everything we think will then be translated into symptoms of our body.
So, for example, when we are nervous, stressed or anxious it is usual for our breathing to shake, our stomach hurts, we maintain excessive sweating and our hands become cold.
In addition to the mind, to be able to enjoy a healthy body it is very important to follow a balanced lifestyle in practically all the senses and areas: diet, mind, lifestyle in general, practice of physical exercise ...
Follow a healthy and balanced diet
Following a balanced diet based on the consumption of healthy and healthy foods is essential to enjoy a healthy and healthy body, as we bring to our body the great diversity of essential nutrients (such as proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, oligoelements, fiber, antioxidants ...) that we need every day.
The best foods? They stand out especially:
- Vegetables and vegetables : we recommend the consumption of 3 to 5 servings of vegetables every day. They are low in fat and calories, and yet very rich in water, vitamins and minerals.
- Fruits : like the vegetables, the consumption of 3 to 5 daily servings of fresh fruits is recommended. They are rich in water, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and low in fat and calories.
- Cereals : they are essential in a healthy diet. In fact, they should be constituted as the fundamental basis of our diet, highlighting the integral flours (more rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins). It is advisable to consume 4 to 5 servings of cereals or derivatives every day.
- Vegetables : legumes -or legumes- are rich in starch, fiber and proteins of high biological value. It is advisable to eat 2 to 3 servings a week.
- Milk and derivatives : they provide nutrients of high biological value, such as lactose , proteins and vitamins (A, B12, D and folic acid), in addition to minerals such as calcium. It is advisable to take 2 to 4 servings a day.
- Fish : they become an excellent source of protein, iodine and healthy fatty acids. Among these fatty acids we find the Omega 3 , which we find especially in blue fish and which positively helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. It is advisable to consume 3 to 4 servings a week.
- meats : they stand out for their content in water and quality proteins, in addition to vitamins (especially vitamins of group B) and minerals (such as iron and zinc). We must differentiate between red and white meats (much healthier). It is advisable to eat 1 serving a week of red meat and 2 to 3 servings of white meat.
- Nuts : they have a high content of unsaturated fats, much healthier than saturated fats. In addition, they provide vitamins and minerals, and help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It is advisable to consume 25 grams of nuts per day.
Practice physical exercise regularly
Physical exercise is essential to enjoy good health. Many specialists agree that it is better to practice sport at least 3 times a week, for a minimum of 30 minutes each time (ideally 30 to 60 minutes).
Between the benefits of the exercise most important, we must highlight:
- It improves the quality of sleep and helps you to rest better.
- It is a good de-stressing.
- It helps to take care of our cardiovascular health.
- Increase energy expenditure, helping to maintain an ideal weight.
Live a relaxed and calm life
At present it is very normal for many people to be stressed or anxious. What is really dangerous? That we see both disorders as something normal, common and habitual.
Therefore, it is essential to try to live in the most relaxed and calm way possible, moving away from worries and negative thoughts.
A really positive option is to practice some kind of natural therapy to help us relax, such as meditation, relaxation, yoga or pilates. You can also opt for relaxing and natural infusions.
Even the practice of physical exercise will help you de-stress and improve your mood, thanks to the fact that it produces endorphins.
It is common that many people, from the moment they catch a cold or agrippate, tend to self-medicate even if their own doctor has not recommended it.
This means that these drugs lose their effectiveness in the long term, which means that in case of more serious illness they will not be effective in reducing symptoms, such as medical treatment.
Therefore, you should bear in mind that it is only the doctor who should prescribe the medication you need depending on the disorder or illness you may have.