Although it is true that, as indicated by many specialists, stress ancient times became an authentic advantage that allowed our ancestors to get away from danger and survive, nowadays the reality is that it has become a real health problem for many people.
In fact we should only pay attention to the main consequences of stress on health to realize how negative this can influence our health: cardiovascular problems (high blood pressure, increased risk of heart attack, tachycardia ...), our defenses decrease against infections, weakness and low mood ...
Of course, we should not confuse the so-called post-holiday stress (which appears when the holidays end, usually summer, and we feel stressed by returning to work or classes), with the daily stress They tend to feel many people every day.
At the time of proposing the stress elimination we must keep in mind and try to find out what is causing us stress. That is to say, it may be due to the fact that every day we do - or intend to do - so many things that neither our time nor our body give for more. In these cases it is usual to feel stress, because it is a way that our body has to tell us that we can not do more and that we need to avoid so much overexertion.
It is also possible that stress appears because of a situation that worries us , either in the present or even because of a future situation that we believe will happen, so that a sensation is generated in our body that activates us, but if we do not control it or we do not solve what concerns us, it will end up becoming in chronic
How to eliminate stress
- Organize your day to day : It helps a lot when the stress is due to the different tasks we do each day, especially when there are many and neither our time nor our body give for more.
- Take away your worries and negative thoughts : if you feel that this stress you can feel is due to certain concerns or appears even by the continuous or repeated presence of negative thoughts, it is best to solve those concerns by dealing with them.
- Enjoy a good relaxing infusion : Relaxing infusions are healthy, completely natural drinks that contain relaxing benefits and properties, ideal for when we feel nervous, stressed or anxious. Particularly noteworthy are the infusions of lime, lemon balm, hawthorn and passionflower.
- Practice relaxation every day : for this it is necessary to learn to relax, although in the majority of the occasions it is enough to lie down in a comfortable place without external noise or anybody that bothers us and try to maintain a slow and relaxed breathing. The best? Inspire for 4 or 5 seconds and exhale during the same time, for at least 30 minutes, while feeling your body relax.
- Get help : if you feel that you can not overcome the stress you can feel each day, it is best to seek psychological help from a specialist who will indicate useful techniques to eliminate stress, while helping you to solve the possible problems and concerns that may influence its appearance.
Image | Moyan_Brenn