It is estimated that, in our country, it does not reach 50% of the consumption of fruit recommended by the World Health Organization, which, as recommended by many experts, must be a minimum of 400 grams daily (or, what It's the same, about 3 pieces).
And is that as we saw in a previous article, there is no doubt the importance of eating fruit , since they are extremely healthy and healthy foods that, among other aspects, provide us with vitamins, minerals and fiber.
But, nevertheless, many people obviate many of the benefits of fruits because, in theory, it "costs" them a lot to peel it and eat the recommended daily amount.
For this reason, it may be useful to ask ourselves: how to eat more fruit ? ¿ how to increase fruit consumption every day ?
How to eat more fruit every day?
If you are one of the many people that cost them eat more fruit every day , it might be interesting to know some tips or guidelines that will help you in this regard:
- Take your mind off the idea that you're sorry to peel the fruit. You also do it with potatoes and not stop eating them, right?
- If you spend more time outside than at home, choose to take the fruit in your bag. And do not think that it will be uncomfortable because you will get dirty, there are many fruits that can be eaten with skin, and that in fact, thanks to that, they increase the amount of nutrients they have. The apple is a good example.
- Include fruit in your breakfast cereals, and increase your consumption at each meal.
- If you eat out, restaurants also have fruit for dessert, did you know? A good idea is to change your ice cream or chocolate mousse daily for two pieces of fruit.
- A good idea is to add fruit to your salads.
- Replace the snacks or treats with a piece of fruit.
And, just as it shows, information recently published by the world health organization: Sufficient consumption of fruits and vegetables could save up to 2.7 million lives each year .
To know more / What does the WHO say about fruit consumption?