Within that series of questions certainly important to take into account in order to enjoy a healthy digestive system and above all, Do as well as correctly digestion , we find the feared and annoying gases (also called flatulence or aerophagia ).
They are a problem for many people, and although they can usually be expelled through belching or rectum, they can be as uncomfortable as they are annoying.
What are the gases?
At digestive tract , the gas is formed by the swallowed air and they are produced in turn each time food is swallowed, due to the enzymes, the bacteria (harmless naturally present in the large intestine) and the nutrients of these.
This process produces carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and in about a third of people methane gas, which will eventually be expelled through the rectum.
However the appearance of an excess of gases is what is known as flatulence or aerophagia , and although it is completely normal to expel gases during or after meals, when burping frequently, for example, it means that the person is swallowing too much air.
Some recommendations and tips to keep in mind
If you are a person who presents many gases daily, which in turn cause inflammation, pain, or even you may not be able to control them, our best recommendation is to go to a gastroenterologist.
Also, you can take into account a series of tips that will help us avoid or at least alleviate their appearance:
- The best thing is not to take foods that produce them, or that you know that you feel bad.
- It is a good idea to drink an infusion of chamomile with anise, which may help to relieve the discomfort caused by the gases.
- Eat leisurely and relaxed , avoiding swallowing as much air as possible.
- Both fennel in infusion (or in herbal pills) and fresh celery often help to give very good results.
- Of course, you should avoid vegetables , the cabbages , bran bread, whole wheat, cream, cauliflower, fried and fatty meats.
This article continues in How to avoid indigestion to do good digestion Y How to have a healthy digestive system? .