The honey of orange blossom is the honey coming from the flowers of the orange tree and the lemon tree (orange blossom). It is a honey that is very subtle and delicate to the palate, besides benefiting us with its properties.
In a previous article we indicated to you how could be a good companion adorning with a few drops of this honey the rice with milk.
It is also ideal to accompany bread torrijas, bread or flour pancakes, donuts, accompanying food recipes, in cosmetics.
Benefits of orange blossom honey
Among its properties are:
Potassium, phosphorus, fructose and glucose that make it an absorption sweetener faster than normal sugar. Because of its sugar content, it becomes a source of energy.
Acts as a sedative or natural tranquilizer , accompanying the tisanes or with the warm milk before going to bed.
In the colds accompanied with the juice of a lemon it helps against throat irritations , to calm coughing accesses. As external use it has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that will help to heal wounds.
In summary, here are briefly the main ones properties of orange blossom honey :
- Antibacterial properties that also strengthen the immune system. It is an excellent natural antibacterial agent.
- Healing properties.
- It helps prevent cancer thanks to its anti-cancer benefits.
- It helps protect against free radical damage.
- It decreases the risk of chronic diseases.
- High mineral content: zinc, potassium, boron, manganese, magnesium, calcium, selenium, copper and sodium.
If you love honey as much as we do, we recommend you read our note dedicated to the benefits of honey .
Images | jillmotts / land_camera_land_camera