According to a recent survey, one in 10 people has headache in a chronic (or recurrent) way, and the great majority of them do not find improvement with the different conventional treatments existing up to now.
In these cases, an expert therapist can provide different solutions that help to solve the problem, or to prevent it at the root.
In this aspect, there are a series of home remedies for headaches that can be certainly useful, at the same time that there are a series of effective supplements for headaches.
Home remedies for headache
- The willow can be useful, since -in fact- it has been constituted as one of the most effective remedies since ancient times. This is so because it contains salicin, an ingredient that many aspirins possess.
- The decoction of mint leaves can be used a cloth to moisten the forehead, which can relieve headaches.
- A tisane of balm It can help a lot. For this you should use a small spoonful of dried lemon balm for each cup or glass to be consumed.
- Another home remedy goes through the consumption of feverfew, since it reduces the thickness of the blood and the contraction of the blood vessels, at the same time that it reduces the presence of inflammatory substances.
Effective supplements for headache
- Magnesium tends to act in a similar way to some medications for headaches. Of course, the recommended amount to consume is between 200 and 400 mg per day, divided into two doses.
- Riboflavin (B2) has shown its effectiveness in several studies. It is advisable to take between 20 and 50 mg a day, divided mainly in 2 or 3 doses (always at meals).