Now that we are in full Christmas, there is no doubt that these are traditional and popular festivals in which, certainly, it is more or less common to commit the typical Christmas excess .
It is usual, in fact, that all kinds of typical desserts are consumed in excess, weight is increased, physical exercise is not practiced due to the holidays or -even- to the lack of time, and at the same time it takes a lot alcohol .
Not in vain, it is extremely common that, during these days, thousands of people suffering from ethyl commas , or even due to various gastrointestinal problems caused by alcoholic beverages.
And is that despite the fact that many of the Effects of alcohol on the body , and particularly in the Health of many people, the number of individuals who are aiming for excessive consumption is increasing.
Effects of alcohol on the body
Although you can think that, the alcohol taken not in excess, does not negatively affect health, the truth is that a single glass of alcohol reaches virtually all organs and cells of our body, running from head to toe.
We explain below, organ by organ, what are the harmful effects of alcohol on the body :
Effects of alcohol on the brain
- Alcohol irreversibly damages brain cells.
- Changes the action of neurotransmitters, altering their function and shape.
- Due to the lack of vitamin B1 caused by the repeated consumption of alcohol, the so-called Wernicke-Korsakoff disease may appear.
Effects of alcohol on the liver
- Causes a progressive accumulation of fat in the liver, which is commonly referred to as fatty liver (You can know how eliminate fat in the liver ).
- It can produce the so-called as alcoholic hepatitis, due to the irritation of the liver cells. If alcohol continues to be consumed on a regular basis, inflammation and cell destruction may occur, with cirrhosis appearing.
- The skin acquires a yellowish tone, which is known as jaundice.
- Accumulation of fluid in the extremities (edema).
Effects of alcohol on the stomach
- It can cause stomach cancer.
- Inflammation of the esophagus (esophagitis).
- Peptic ulcer and hemorrhages.
- The walls of the stomach become irritated and inflamed.
Effects of alcohol on the pancreas
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis (which can cause death).
Effects of alcohol in the blood
- Anemia due to the inhibition of red blood cells.
- Inhibition also of white blood cells.
Effects of alcohol on the reproductive system
- It diminishes the libido, and therefore the sexual activity of the person.
- It can cause impotence in man, as well as an increase in the mammary glands.
- It can cause infertility.
- In women, it disrupts the menstrual cycle and causes infertility. In addition, it alters the female hormones.
Effects of alcohol on the immune system
- Failure in the immune system due to lack of white blood cells.
- Increases the risk of viral and bacterial infections.
As we can see, it is not advisable at all to consume alcohol if you want to enjoy, in general, a good Health .
Even in the light of the above, despite the fact that many benefits of wine and even the few Benefits of drinking alcohol , there is no doubt that the harmful and negative effects that it causes on the body are much greater - and serious.
And is that having the account all harmful effects of alcohol on the body , that at the moment they are known and have been shown, and once The new Anti-tobacco Law enters into force Many doctors and health specialists are left with a question that, at the moment, has no answer: why is alcohol consumption prohibited?