The halitosis It can be considered as one of the problems that affect one's oral health, which in fact tends to affect many people practically every day. Although it may have a good number of causes, the truth is that the treatment will clearly depend on that main cause that has caused the onset of halitosis.
In a certain sense, there is no doubt that one of the best preventive measures is to adopt good oral health habits, brushing your teeth well after each meal, and opt for some home remedies for halitosis that help against bad breath.
What are the causes of halitosis?
There are several causes of halitosis , which in a certain sense may cause the appearance of this oral problem. We tell you some of the main ones below:
- Digestive disorders: constipation , gastric or duodenal ulcers, gastritis and hiatus hernia.
- Caries not treated.
- Liver problems (you can learn more about how purify the liver ) or kidneys (you can learn more about how to cleanse the kidneys).
- Hormonal changes, mainly in women during menstruation or the period of ovulation.
- Drink alcohol and drink coffee in abundance.
- Smoking excessively
- Do not eat for many hours.
- Skip meals.
- Dryness in the mouth
Treatment for halitosis and natural solutions
Obviously, one of the main treatments for halitosis it consists of trying to find out the cause that has caused its appearance, and to follow an adequate treatment to solve it at the root.
However, there is a home treatment that we can easily follow from our own home:
- Follow a healthy diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables. In addition, we should not forget about nuts, legumes and whole grains.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. The apples, for example, help you when it comes to freshen your breath and avoid possible oral alterations.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. It will help you to stay hydrated and, above all, to avoid dry mouth.
- Avoid the abuse of coffee. A good idea is to change it for tea, which can even help slow down the growth of some bacteria present in the mouth.
- Chew food well and eat slowly, which will help you digest what you eat better.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
- Chew food well and eat slowly.
- Performs a proper oral and dental cleaning.
What are the most beneficial foods against bad breath?
Luckily there are certain adequate food for bad breath , that help to combat it effectively from the consumption of them. We indicate the most recommended:
- Celery : it is a depurative food, which refreshes the mouth, preventing the tongue from drying out. In addition, as it could not be less, it helps to eliminate the bad oral odor.
- Milk thistle : it is one of the best foods to take care of and purify the liver . Therefore, it can be used to treat or reduce bad breath caused by liver problems.
- Peppermint : taken in infusion or in gargle is a suitable plant against bad breath, thanks to its refreshing effect.
- Fennel : it is a medicinal plant known for its digestive and stomach benefits. Therefore, its consumption is usual when bad breath is caused by poor digestion or liver problems.
- Mint : its refreshing power make it a great option to refresh your mouth. Chewing its leaves helps in turn to avoid or reduce bad breath.
Useful tips to avoid bad breath
To prevent bad breath from occurring, we recommend following these instructions:
- Prevents eating foods like garlic, the onions , or with sulfur compounds.
- Avoid the dry mouth , drink water regularly, an average of two liters a day, to avoid bad breath.
- Decrease the Alcohol intake , because these drinks produce bad breath.
- Avoid smoke.