In spring we always want to enjoy a wonderful and refreshing salad, once we have left behind the cold of winter, when what we like is to opt in most cases for spoon dishes, very warm, to help us mitigate casualties temperatures. A delightful example is the Germinated Soy Salad about whose recipe we want to talk to you on this occasion.
And you probably ask yourself a question: what is germinated soy? Also known as green soy or simply as germinated sprouts of soybeans, it is also popularly known as Jewish mung , A legume that was cultivated for the first time in India more than 5,000 years ago, where in fact it is very consumed and prepared. But even if it is called soy, it really has nothing to do with it.
Its main peculiarity is its nutritive contribution, since being rich in proteins of good quality, it offers us the possibility of elaborating nutritionally acceptable and especially balanced dishes, especially if we add other ingredients such as vegetables or whole grains, richer in carbohydrates. carbon.
In fact, the germinated soybeans also provide carbohydrates (in this case complex), although in a smaller amount. In addition, it also stands out for its richness in fiber, for being low in fat, and its content in minerals (potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and manganese) and in vitamins (such as folic acid).
- 50 g of germinated soybeans
- 50 g of germinated alfalfa
- 1 lettuce
- 80 g of radishes
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds
- Wash the lettuce well, and then cut the leaves in julienne. Arrange on a tray or salad bowl.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into slices. Sprinkle with toasted sesame and place on the lettuce.
- Grate the radishes now and in a bowl mix with the sprouts of both soybeans and alfalfa. Place this mixture on the previous preparation.
- List! If you wish, you can add a little extra virgin olive oil on top, and salt to taste. Or you can prepare the vinaigrette that we propose in the next section.
How to make a delicious vinaigrette for this sprouted soy salad
If instead of adding extra virgin olive oil on top of the salad we have made, you prefer to prepare an exceptional vinaigrette for this, then we explain how.
You only need 15 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, chives, parsley and 4 sprigs of tarragon.
Chop the chives, parsley and tarragon very finely. Then mix the apple cider vinegar with a pinch of salt. Add the olive oil, and place all the ingredients in the blender bowl, beating everything very well. To finish, serve above the salad.