Although the Gazpacho Traditional is made with fresh vegetables, among which we can mention the tomato, green and red peppers, which can also be added garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
Of course, we must differentiate this traditional dish from the Andalusian gastronomy gazpacho , which tend to be confused mostly in appearance. For example, we can take a look at what are the differences between gazpacho and salmorejo and we will discover that this time the salmorejo is made with more garlic and it is usually prepared with only tomato, garlic, olive oil and hard bread. However, in the case of traditional gazpacho it is more common to add other fresh vegetables, such as cucumber and peppers.
If you love gazpacho, and usually consume it on the hottest days of the year for its incredible refreshing power and for being a tremendously nutritious recipe, surely you will already know that there are other versions in which fruit is added to the original recipe. An example is the gazpacho with red berries or the Watermelon Gazpacho . However, did you know that you can also elaborate it with strawberries ?
We continue with summer recipes refreshing, delicious and nutritious and this time we present a Strawberry gazpacho .
How to make a strawberry gazpacho
- 750 grams of strawberries or 500 grams of strawberries.
- Half a large onion.
- Half clove of garlic
- Half of a red pepper
- 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- 50 grams of bread from the previous day.
- A spoonful of vinegar.
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, mild flavor.
- A glass of water (optional by itself we needed to lighten it).
- A few leaves of mint to decorate or a few pieces of strawberries.
Carefully wash the strawberries, since it is a delicate fruit, we also remove the rabbits, and we make them small pieces depending on the size.
If it is small strawberries with halves, it will be enough.
Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and store in the fridge for 20 or 30 minutes.
Remove the strawberries from the fridge and crush them in the blender.
When the strawberries are crushed, add the onion, the pepper, the half clove of garlic, the bread, all in pieces, the oil, the vinegar, the salt and crush everything again.
If it has remained thick and we like it lighter we can add a little water to taste.
We keep the strawberry gazpacho in the fridge until the moment it is brought to the table.
To present the strawberry gazpacho we can decorate it with a few leaves of mint, a few pieces of strawberries or whole strawberries if they are small strawberries.
The benefits of the gazpacho with strawberries
As it happens with most of the different and different versions of gazpacho, being a recipe made with fruit, vegetables and fresh vegetables, it undoubtedly becomes a very delicious nutritious option. In addition, when served cold is an ideal dish to enjoy a vegetable soup refreshing and rehydrating. But its benefits are even greater:
- Rehydrates, great refreshing power : being made with vegetables and fruit is a very rehydrating dish, especially for its high water content. In addition, as it is served cold, it is an excellent option for when it is too hot or when we simply need or wish to refresh our body. For this reason it is an ideal recipe for the summer months.
- Very rich in antioxidants : this dish in particular provides an interesting amount of natural antioxidants, which help reduce the action of free radicals and prevent certain serious diseases, as well as being useful in preventing premature aging of cells.
- Ideal against cholesterol : in case of high cholesterol It becomes a useful option to reduce high levels of fats in the blood, especially when it is made with extra virgin olive oil, which helps reduce LDL cholesterol while increasing HDL. Basically it is ideal to take care of our cardiovascular health, preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Images | ISTOCKPHOTO / THINKSTOCK