The pasta It is considered as a basic ingredient in the diet of a wide diversity of cultures and countries, and one of the hallmarks of the Italian gastronomy , where its origin seems to be around the ninth century a.C., when the ancient Etruscan civilization was made by crushing or crushing different cereals mixed with water and then cooked. Although there is a wide variety of options, the egg pasta It is an excellent nutritious option, since the egg not only enriches it nutritionally, but also gives it consistency.
If you want to learn how to make a delicious fresh egg pasta , we propose a simple recipe that will help you learn how to make it easily at home. You dare?. Remember that, to make it, you will need a pasta machine.
- 300 g of white wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of fresh egg pasta
- In a bowl or large bowl put the flour, eggs, a pinch of salt and teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- With your hands mix all the ingredients until you get the consistency of a dough. Then flour a surface where you can work it, and knead it for at least 10 minutes. Then form a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After this time with the help of a rolling pin it stretches the dough. Fold it in three parts and re-stretch it again. Repeat this operation as many times as necessary, until you get a thin sheet.
- With the help of the pasta machine cut the dough into a total of 6 portions, and stretch them with the help of the machine (placing the rollers in the most open position). Then fold these strips in three, flour them and return them to the machine. Continue to reduce the opening of the rollers until the strips pass through the thinnest position.
- To finish, put a clean dishcloth on a surface, spread the strips on it and cut them with the cutter, or with the molds to give them the desired shapes. Again flour and reserve cold until the moment you go to cook them.
If you suffer from gluten allergy, or simply want to opt for a gluten-free pasta to make this delicious fresh egg pasta, you can substitute white wheat flour for cornmeal or rice flour. The result will be equally exquisite.