Although the arrival of the 40s, the best option for women is to opt for those estrogen-rich foods , the truth is that you must also pay attention to these other foods, unknown to many, which ultimately cause a drop in estrogen levels.
From the age of 40 it tends to be habitual that there is a progressive decrease in estrogen levels in women. Of course, unlike what many women think, this decline occurs progressively with age, although it tends to coincide more sharply with the arrival of the menopause .
The estrogen they are extremely important hormones for women, because they participate in a great diversity of fundamental functions for the organism:
- They induce cellular proliferation phenomena on the organs.
- They have a preventive effect of cerebrovascular disease.
- It influences the metabolism of both fats and cholesterol.
- It helps in the distribution of body fat (therefore, after menopause, women may have an increased risk of cardiovascular disease).
- It helps regulate the menstrual cycle, among others.
Among the most suitable foods to raise estrogen are the sprouts and soy drink, fruits such as apples, pomegranates, papayas or plums, cereals such as brown rice, barley or oats, legumes such as lentils, peas or chickpeas, and vegetables such as celery, eggplant, peppers, beets and tomatoes.
But when a woman wants to increase her estrogen levels, it is true that what should be paying attention to what foods tend to decrease these hormones:
- Fruits : citrus fruits (oranges, lemons ...), figs, melons, pears, pineapples and grapes.
- Vegetables and vegetables : broccoli or broccoli, cabbages, green beans, squash and onions.
- Cereals : white rice, white flour and millet.
However, we must bear in mind that these foods do not have to be negative, given that in certain conditions and diseases (such as breast cancer or ovarian cysts), the doctor may indicate a diet low in estrogen.