A few hours ago we were able to know what the constipation , knowing that it is a problem that is increasing due to the daily lifestyle that we have, and that basically consists in the retention of fecal matter, beyond the physiological time of evacuation, which tends to be up to 48 hours, or so less three times a week.
We also knew some of the causes and consequences of constipation (at least the most important), knowing that issues such as stress, eat quickly, quickly or badly, sedentary lifestyle, drink little water a day or consume a diet poor in fiber , are some of the problems that help the appearance of constipation.
However, constipation can be improved and even corrected from the diet that we follow, since there are foods that help against constipation , in such a way that they increase the intestinal movement, favoring therefore the evacuation.
Good food against constipation
- The fruit helps a lot against constipation, although it is best to take them with skin, raw, whole and not very mature. For example, in these cases it is best to opt for kiwis, strawberries, oranges, pears and plums, although if you love apples, even though they are astringent they can be consumed cooked. Remember to add at least two or three servings of fruit to your diet every day.
- The vegetables They are also very good, and it is always better to consume it raw, for example in salads or cooked. Remember to consume two to three servings a day.
- The nuts and the vegetables They are also very good against constipation.
- Yogurts or other acidified dairy products can be beneficial against constipation, as they have the special property of stimulating bowel movement and improving intestinal secretions.
- The oils can also be good, since they have a lubricating effect that favors the intestinal movement. Of course, the best option is to always opt for the virgin olive oil , since in the diet the contribution of fat must be mainly of monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Liquids, whether hot or cold, can be very helpful. Just do not forget to take a minimum of two liters of water a day.
More information | Home remedies for constipation / Foods against constipation