He iron is a mineral essential for our body within a balanced diet since it is responsible for some extremely important functions.
Among the most important functions, it helps to recover the deposits that we find in the red blood cells, thus forming part of the hemoglobin . It is also responsible for forming muscle and bone proteins, helping to transport oxygen in the body for the creation of energy.
Hence, there is quite a relationship between anemia and lack of iron , which in turn causes a reduction in physical and intellectual capacity and a decrease in resistance to infections.
So, Iron is essential for good physical and mental performance , being especially important in young and pregnant women.
Taking into account that iron is essential for our body, it is essential to follow a balanced diet based on the consumption of natural and healthy foods of both animal and vegetable origin.
To help you every day get the iron contribution that your body needs, we summarize the main ones iron-rich foods .
Iron rich foods
- Food of animal origin : livers and pates, red meats (especially veal and pork), eggs.
- Vegetarian food : green vegetables (such as broccoli, cabbage or artichokes) and legumes (such as lentils, chickpeas, beans or peas).
- Whole grains : as whole grains of wheat, barley, oats or rice.
- Nuts : nuts, almonds and hazelnuts stand out.
- Seafood : squid, prawns, oysters and mussels stand out (yes, beware of the diagnosis of high uric acid ).
- Other foods like chocolate .
Taking into account that plant-based foods are somewhat more difficult to absorb by our organism as far as iron is concerned, it is best to consume them together with Foods rich in vitamin C , that facilitate and help the absorption of iron.
If you have been interested in this article, we recommend that you continue reading in our note on how rise and increase the iron .
Image | Oyvind Solstad