The kidneys become undoubtedly one of the most important organs of elimination of our body, since among other basic functions are responsible for filtering and eliminating what our body does not need and produces both from the digestion of food and medicines and metabolic activity.
In fact, as with the liver , are fundamental organs in detoxification and purification of our body, especially because they are responsible for the elimination of those toxins and waste that our body does not need.
Not in vain, as we have been able to discover from other related articles such as purify the kidneys , they become one of the main filters of our blood, which purify it by retaining what our organism can take advantage of, and eliminating only that which the body must discard through the urine. And this is one of the main functions of the kidneys , although not the only one.
As you surely know, the kidneys are a pair of organs with shape or appearance that reminds a lot of beans or beans, have a size of a closed fist, and we found in the back of the abdominal cavity, located just above the waist.
As it happens with most of the organs of our body, when it comes to caring for the kidneys and keeping them in an optimal state of health, a feeding adequate, rich in beneficial foods.
Hence, it is always useful purify the kidneys at least once a year, since it is the way to clean them so that they work optimally and correctly, and avoid other related disorders such as, for example, the case of high creatinine .
For this it is useful to avoid those foods and unhealthy food products for the health of the kidneys, as is the case of excess salt and protein, foods with high content of purines, foods with high content of potassium and foods with high content of waste acids.
A good option to maintain the health of the kidneys, in addition to taking 1.5 to 2 liters of fluid daily is to consume the most beneficial foods for the kidneys .
Healthy diet for the kidneys
It is essential to follow a balance diet , based above all on the consumption of healthy foods for our organism, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, which help our body receive the essential nutrients it needs for its proper functioning.
Between the fruits Most interesting are the cranberries , watermelon and the cantaloupe ; while, between vegetables and vegetables more useful, we must highlight the celery , asparagus and the eggplant .
The best foods for the kidneys
- Celery : it is a vegetable highly recommended for the kidneys, especially for its content in essential oil, which favors the dilation of the arteries of the kidney that causes an increase in the production of urine, and therefore increases diuresis.
- Asparagus : they are ideal for the kidneys because they stimulate them, besides increasing the production of urine, which favors the natural elimination of the waste.
- Eggplants : it stands out for its very important diuretic action, which means that it increases the production of urine, and therefore favors the elimination of toxins.
- Blueberries : help prevent and treat cystitis, one of the most frequent urinary tract infections.
- Watermelon Y cantaloupe : they are interesting fruits in the care of the kidneys, thanks to their diuretic, depurative action and their high water content.
Other useful tips to follow a healthy diet for the kidneys
Consume water every day
How many times have we not forgotten to take the recommended amount of water every day? Water, as well as other healthy liquids such as natural juices, infusions and tea are fundamental for our body, and particularly for the kidneys.
Mainly for something very simple: they help the kidneys work correctly, contributing to the elimination of waste and preventing the formation of kidney stones.
It is advisable to drink about 8 glasses of water a day, which is about 2 liters a day.
Avoid meat, fish and eggs in excess
Although consumed in moderation they are fundamental foods within a varied and balanced diet, consumed in excess they tend to make the kidneys work more, so that it costs them more to eliminate their proteins (as you know, these foods are very rich in high biological value proteins ).
Image | The Grande Farmers' Market