As we know, the egg is rich in both minerals like in vitamins . In addition, it concentrates on clear (part of the egg on which we will deal in detail during today), all proteins of animal origin.
With regard to the high cholesterol , many are the specialists who say that its increase is not in itself related to egg consumption, despite the existence of popular beliefs that affirm the contrary. We must bear in mind that what increases cholesterol is not the egg itself, but a diet rich in fat, which is usually coupled with the consumption of it: chips, sausages, red meat, etc .;
It has a series of highly interesting general benefits, among which we can highlight the high quality of proteins Y vitamins E and the B Group , as well as minerals As the iron, zinc, iodine Y selenium containing.
It is important to eat it especially during stage of growth , since it contributes to the development of the muscles and to the mineralization of the bones.
On the recommended weekly amount, we must indicate that the World Health Organization recommends that their weekly consumption does not exceed 10 eggs, taking into account those that are incorporated into our diet through products such as pasta, pastry, etc.
Benefits of egg white
Here we summarize some of the properties of egg white most important and outstanding of this small but delicious food:
- Ideal during the growth stage, thanks to the help in the development of the muscles and the mineralization of the bones.
- As mistakenly believed, it does not increase cholesterol levels.
- High in protein, as well as in vitamins (especially vitamin E and vitamins of group B).
- Ideal after exercising or breakfast, thanks to its richness in proteins.
Nutritional values of egg white
100 grams of egg white provide the following nutritional values:
- Proteins: 3.5 g.
- Carbohydrates: 0.3 g.
- Calories: 49
- Vitamins: A (105), B1 (0.05), B2 (0.18), B6 (0.06), D (1.8) and E (0.4).