With the arrival of the month of December It is also common to be able to start enjoying the different seasonal foods in December that we can easily find from this time of year.
As you surely know, seasonal foods are those whose ideal consumption is due to a specific period of time, especially due to their natural maturation process, their breeding and growth.
It is a specific period of time during which the temporality of foods such as fruits, vegetables and legumes must be respected, since we are facing an optimum period of maturation with respect to its natural process.
In the case of other foods, such as seafood, meat and fish, we are facing the time whose season favors its appearance in the market.
During the month of December, besides being the month during which one of the most traditional and important festivals of the year is celebrated (as is the case of Christmas), it is also possible to enjoy the following seasonal foods:
- Vegetables : artichokes, chard, celery, broccoli (broccoli), pumpkin, chard, onions, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, endives, escarole, spinach, turnip greens, lettuce, red cabbage, turnips, red peppers, leeks, beet, cabbage and carrots.
- Fruits : avocados, cherimoyas, pomegranates, lemons, limes, tangerines, apples, oranges, pear, pineapple, bananas, grapefruit and grapes.
- meats : ox, pig, deer, suckling pig, rabbit, lamb, pheasant, chicken, duck, turkey, partridge, chicken and veal.
- Fish : angula, cod, sea bream, sea bream, halibut, sea bass, grouper, pomfret, salmon, red mullet and trout.
- Seafood : cockle, shrimp, Norway lobster, prawns, mussels, oysters, barnacles and scallops.
- Nuts : almonds, chestnuts and walnuts.
- Other foods : mushrooms (also usual in November).
Image | Flickr