We recently knew what the different December seasonal foods , discovering with it what seasonal foods we can find during the month of December.
But what is meant by seasonal foods ? Explained in a simple way we can indicate that seasonal foods are those whose ideal consumption is related to a specific period of time. This period depends on its natural maturation process, its breeding or growth.
The ripening time has, above all, a special relationship with the temporality of foods such as vegetables, vegetables, legumes and fruits.
In the case of fruits , during the month of December we can enjoy a great diversity of delicious pieces, which among other aspects allow us to enjoy all its benefits and nutritional properties.
What seasonal fruits can we find in December?
- Avocados : it is a delicious fruit that is usually consumed at Christmas (for example, it is common to serve it cut in half, accompanied by rose sauce and prawns). It is rich in vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, D and E) and minerals (iron, phosphorus and magnesium), as well as proteins and essential fatty acids. It helps fight against cholesterol and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Cherimoyas : this fruit can be found with an interesting content both in vitamins (A, vitamins B and C) and minerals (calcium, iron and phosphorus). It is useful in diets thanks to its satiating effect, and its consumption is recommended in people with diabetes thanks to its regulating effect of blood glucose level. In addition, it is very antioxidant and helps control blood pressure.
- Grenades : it is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B2 and beta-carotene, and in minerals such as calcium, manganese and iron. It exerts an interesting diuretic and depurative effect, fights intestinal parasites and helps treat constipation.
- Lemons : it is extremely rich in vitamin C. For this reason it is an ideal fruit in December, since it helps to stimulate the immune system. It is useful in case of liver failure, stomach heaviness and heartburn.
- Files : Like lemon, it is a fruit rich in vitamin C, also providing minerals such as magnesium and potassium. It also provides beta-carotene and flavoids. It helps to strengthen the defenses of our immune system, it is diuretic and helps in case of fluid retention. In addition, it is a fruit with anti-cancer benefits.
- Tangerines : they are one of the most known and characteristic fruits of the month of December. It is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, potassium, folic acid and carotenoids. It helps to replenish liquids when we have practiced physical exercise, in case of mild constipation and it is suitable for people with high blood pressure.
- Apples : it is a fruit rich in vitamin C and minerals, highlighting its high pectin content. It helps to reduce high cholesterol and because of its low caloric content is interesting for weight loss diets.
- Oranges : it is another one of the citrus fruits richest in vitamin C, helping to also strengthen our defenses. Orange juice is ideal, for example, against colds and flu. It contains minerals such as magnesium, potassium and sodium, being useful to reduce blood cholesterol levels, is rich in flavonoids and improves physical exhaustion after sports.
- Pears : it is a fruit rich in vitamins (vitamins of group B, vitamin C and E) and minerals (such as calcium, iron and potassium). They are useful in diets due to their low caloric content, aid in digestion and relieve both diarrhea and stomach pains.
- Bananas : it is rich in vitamins of group B, C and E, as well as folic acid. We can also find iron, magnesium and potassium. As you know, it is an energy food rich in carbohydrates. In addition, it helps in the elimination of liquids, being useful in case of gout or hypertension.
- Grapefruit : it is a fruit rich in B vitamins and above all vitamin C. It also stands out for its content in copper, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and zinc. It exerts an antioxidant effect, and acts as a depurative, stimulating liver function. In turn, it helps lower high cholesterol and is a good stimulant of toxin elimination.
- grapes : classic and traditional at Christmas (being the most important food of New Year's Eve), they stand out for their high content of vitamin B3 and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. They help to take care of the immune system, prevent the formation of clots in the blood and are useful against body weakness.
Image | Zest-pk